Welcome, Guest

Jud needs a home
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Jud needs a home

Jud needs a home 02 Sep 2015 14:00 #9967

• Judalud
  • Bear Puppy
Hi there, I'm new to this forum, but I'm reaching out for an Akita lover.

I've found myself in a position where I cannot give my 7yr old male the attention he needs everyday. After almost a year of others taking care of him while I'm away with work, my main sitter is moving away and I've had to come to the difficult decision to find him a new home.

About Jud (Judo)
7 yr old
Nurtured
30kg
American and Japanese mix. Pinto saddle markings.
(I'll have to wait until I'm on a laptop to upload photos)

He's always been pretty lazy, happy to chill either indoors or mostly prefered in an outdoor kennel. He's more so up for lounging around these days as he has torn cruciate ligaments in both knees. The right last year and the left a few months ago. He's coping very well, and is well practiced at resting. He currently needs 2 x 15 min walks per day to build up muscle.

Jud is excellent with people and tolerant of children (with exception of babies, I think they baffle him)

I'm sure it's no surprise he is dog aggressive. He'll go in strong as soon as he meets a new dog, but then usually settles, particularly around females. After the first blow he usually acts submissive if anything.
He would be suitable for a home with a laid back female (his best friend, who is moving away is a a all assertive female Akita/Shepard)

He has no separation anxiety. No possessive tendencies, he's never been allowed upstairs or in beds. He's fully house trained.

If you have any questions please contact me on 07854398139 we're in Manchester
The topic has been locked.

Re: Jud needs a home 03 Sep 2015 17:10 #9968

I'm sorry to hear about your situation but please go to the main home page, you find all the information you need. click on Contacts on the top bar, you'll get al the contact information you need to help you. If you can get in touch with one of the contact numbers, email adress or phone number, you can get things started for his rehoming.

He sounds like a typical akita, but maybe the dog aggression needs working on

If you need any other support don't hesitate to post here on the forum.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Jud needs a home 08 Sep 2015 19:32 #9972

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Hi im afraid we dont allow unassessed Akitas in need to be advertised on the forum. Those that are advertised here have been fully assessed by ourselves and are only posted by ARW approved administrators.

For help with rehoming your Akita please complete the rehoming form found on the homepage of the website.

THIS TOPIC WILL BE DELETED ONCE YOU HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO READ MY REPLY.

Thanks
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter