Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Akitas..

Re: Akitas.. 25 Jan 2012 18:15 #2967

• Kristinew
  • Bear Puppy
haha, yes, you would always come a longer way with good reinforcement like treats . but what i meant with the "rule with an iron hand" is to be clear with rules and boundaries.

- btw, great picture, hahaha

Re: Akitas.. 25 Jan 2012 18:27 #2968

• Kristinew
  • Bear Puppy
Well, i can't take the dog to work, so it will be at home - and its not for sure that im gonna work 8 hours pr day - as i will be working in daycare (for kids in the 1-4 grade) so the hours pr. day can change alot. I believe you can leave a dog at home when you're at work as long they have something at home to stimulate them - of cause not leave them for a long time.

- so what do you do when you're at work and your akita is back in your home?

Re: Akitas.. 25 Jan 2012 18:57 #2970

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
This is my work in the background;

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

As you can see, Ruby comes to work with me every day. We are together for about 23 hours a day, the other hour is when she sits outside in her den in the garden.

She sleeps on the bed next to me too. (Thats not much of a boundary !)

If you get an Akita, change your career to one where you can have your dog with you ! Its the main reason I stopped working in an office and wearing a suit, dogs are more important than money.

Re: Akitas.. 26 Jan 2012 17:45 #2995

• Kristinew
  • Bear Puppy
wow, where do you work since you're allowed to bring your dog?

- well, i'm only 19, so i think it would be a stupid idea to stop working before im even educated . but theres not many work places in DK that allow you to bring your pets to work. but i'm not sure (right now) how many hours pr. day i'm gonna work. My boyfriends dad work with the same as me (when im educated) and he dosnt have as many hours pr. day as i have.

- and wow, how are you able to be in the bed with such a big dog? Bailey (my cousins shih zhu) is like taking half of the bed because he wanna lay almost on me because he loves to be near - sometimes to near.

Re: Akitas.. 26 Jan 2012 18:03 #2996

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
I run my own business so I can bring the dog. (See link)

www.somersetartworks.org.uk/node/3974

I have a very big king size bed. There's often 4 of us on it. (Me, wife, dog, cat)
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Akitas.. 26 Jan 2012 18:17 #2997

• Kristinew
  • Bear Puppy
ahh. . well, all of us can run our own business - but i will probably not be able to bring my dog to work because some of the children might be allergic to it and an akita is a big dog so some of them will probably be afraid of it. how many hours pr. day would you say you can work (and be away from the dog) without being destructive? Our shih zhu (its easier to say our) can be left alone for 6-8 hours pr. day without being destructive - he's just sleeping or amuse him self with a treat ball. Then when i come home he stays with me most of the time unless when he is gonna greet my parents when they come home and then he'll join me again.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter