Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Aggression

Re: Aggression 15 Feb 2012 21:57 #3592

Hi welcome to the forum. Sorry about your prolem basically what has alreayd been said.

Have you kept up with your training over the years instead of just doing less and less as their npt pups or teenagers anymore?

How long has the aggression been occuring?

Keep us posted, pictures please Im sure their beautiful all Akitas are!

thankyou
Jessica and the gang.

Re: Aggression 18 Feb 2012 16:35 #3701

• hitman44
  • Calm before the storm
what are they like when you walk one at a time im saying this because someone who i see on a regular basic first only had a male akita and he was real friendly with other dogs but then got a rescue bitch akita and wont tolerate other dogs know so it could be a case of one protecting the other

Re: Aggression 19 Feb 2012 10:02 #3728

Hi, I have started to walk them one at a time. Rufus is fine with a quick correction, abd does not pull on the lead. However Jasmine is pulling like a train, and still lunging forward at other dogs.

Re: Aggression 19 Feb 2012 10:04 #3729

Hi

The aggression has steadily got worse over the last couple of years. I have put them back into training one at a time.

Andy

Re: Aggression 19 Feb 2012 10:07 #3730

Hi,

My akita's are called Rufus and Jasmine and i will post some pics shortly. It annoys me too when dogs are off the lead and come running over. Im getting lots of help on the forum.

Thankyou

Re: Aggression 19 Feb 2012 23:46 #3746

Hi Andy....glad we are being of some help to you & hope Rufus & Jasmine will calm down after you re-train them....just persevere ....Akitas are hard work because they are so stubborn & independant, but when you get the balance(if you ever do with these Bears!!) they are so worth it...they are a fantastic breed ....& yes I totally agree with you about people with their dogs off lead, allowing their dogs to go near a dog on lead...idiots or what??? ....the amount of times I've yelled at dog owners & sworn at them, for doing this, I've lost count .....it's just asking for trouble!!....makes me sooooo angry grrrrrrrrrrrrr ....better stop ranting now.....look forward to pics of Rufus & Jasmine .......Pam Maya & Scoobie
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter