Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Terrorist Nuisance

Terrorist Nuisance 13 Feb 2012 22:32 #3535

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
Had a bit of a kerfuffle a few days ago which rattled me, and left it until now before sharing my exasperation. Walking across a public bit of greenery, Ruby on a lead. Old biddy with two terrorists off the lead approached a couple of hundred yards away. I moved a few yards off the path to let her pass without a nose to nose encounter, but long before she had shuffled near me the terrrorists ran up to us, one of them going right underneath Rubes and growling at her. Not too impressed by this, naturally Rube bopped the little sh*t. It retreated to a safe 2 yards and with its friend proceeded to run in circles round us, yapping, occasionally getting within bop distance of Rubes, and being bopped again.

It took old biddy all of a minute to shuffle up to me, proclaiming "hold on to your dog". In somewhat irrated tone I replied, "I am holding on to my dog, why aren't you holding on to yours? -Put them on a lead !!" The terrorists continued to run round us for minutes, old biddy unable to catch them, Rubes thinking it was quite a good game to squash them when ever they came within bop range. "Put them on a flipping lead, I protested". "Show some respect", she replied. "I respect people who have control over their dogs and don't make a nuisance of themselves, you stupid woman!!"

Eventually, the terrorists were nabbed and restrained, and she shuffled on muttering profanities, cursing us. All in a day's walking, obviously the terrorists are sweet darlings on accont of being fluffy and cute and having never done anything like this before. My beast is big and black and squashed the little darling ferral gnats when they were just having a friendly growl at her, so i am a callous criminal.

Rang the dog warden just to vent, who said there is no dog on dog laws. Next time I'll either dropkick the little t*rds or look up some more expletives in my thesaurus to throw at the mad old biddy.

Today Rubes was at her duties, enjoying hugs from Centarians as we visited a hospice; someone still loves us.

Anyone got a recipe for apple-stuffed terrorist?

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Terrorist Nuisance 13 Feb 2012 22:58 #3536

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud

Re: Terrorist Nuisance 14 Feb 2012 17:25 #3554

• Joanne
  • Proud and Loud
Thank god ruby only bopped them...Diva would of chewed then up and spat out the bones...silly old biddy...why do they think they deserve respect...respect is earned not a right.

Re: Terrorist Nuisance 14 Feb 2012 17:56 #3556

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
Hi Chris

I had a similar experience on Saturday. After a trip to micro chip the pups, I squeezed in a dog assessment (Rocky) before I went on to do a home check and another micro chip

When I went to assess Rocky, the owner was not too keen to let me in his house so he gave me the lead and told me to take him for a walk. Reluctantly I agreed. (I did for a minute wonder if he would answer the door to me to take Rocky from me). Anyway, I digress. Rocky is about 60 kgs, he is a big boy. We went for a walk and he was good on his lead. This Knob and his kid were walking their whippet. I say walking, the dog was off lead and no where near them. It came up to us and started running around us in very fast whipped style circles. Rocky was keen to squash it and I was beside myself. I shouted to the owner to call his dog and he started shouting profanities at me in front of his child while he walked away leaving his dog to come when it felt like it. Not much I could do apart from wait until it had had its fun. Its bad enough when it is your own dog but when it is one that you do not own or know, wow, I was nervous.

The world is full of nutters, of that we can be certain.

Re: Terrorist Nuisance 14 Feb 2012 19:18 #3558

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
Ruby has perfected the disapproving art of 'The Bop'. I think the nearest human comparison is the 'Glasgow Kiss'. She would never bite another dog, but is very good at a casual headbutt just to spell out 'sod off' emphatically.

If particularly put out, she reserves the right to use 'The Ukrainian Shot-putter technique', where she puts her full weight behind her rather chunky front paw, and does a right hook, bringing the offender horizontally in contact with the ground. For added insult, she sometimes swings her butt at them to bounce them through the air.

Never quite sure if she's playing or proving a point, but the result never seems to be in doubt, when the wind-up merchant realises they are up against a medium weight furry 56kg truck, they put ears down and show sudden humility.

Re: Terrorist Nuisance 15 Feb 2012 10:58 #3564

• Anniesmum
  • Teenage Rampager
There are so many dogs not controlled by their owners I dont hesitate to ask them politely to control their dogs but usually get a mouthful of abuse about having dangerous dogs myself

The other day while out walking Roman who was on his extending lead a' terrorist! 'shot through a small gap in the hedge and flew at him Ro picked it up shook it like one of his furry toys and threw it back at its owner the owner though had the grace to at least acknowledge it was his dogs fault and not Ro's ,he had not hurt it at all so hopefully it wont be so quick to run up to other dogs now

I have noticed however now we are walking 3 Akitas together when most people see us coming they quickly gather up their dogs and beat a hasty retreat

KateX
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter