Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: nervous akita

Re: nervous akita 01 Oct 2011 15:40 #796

Don't let the woman's comment get to you Mick...I'm sure she had no intention of upsetting you, she merely was trying to help you find the cause of Diesel's fears....I'd have asked if you had him from a pup first!!...but thats people!!...you know Diesel's background & thats what matters....just focus on the advice from the forum & hopefully before long Diesel will love meeting people ...my Maya is over friendly, it's taken me some time to stop her jumping up at people & giving their faces a wash!!...she still licks people, but has almost stopped jumping up at them!!....that's Akitas for you, just when you think you've cracked it ..no way .....put the comments far away & enjoy being with Diesel.....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: nervous akita 03 Oct 2011 10:16 #832

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: nervous akita 04 Oct 2011 10:48 #847

How is Diesel getting on then? What have you tryed? Is he still nervous?

Jessica and the gang!

Re: nervous akita 06 Oct 2011 15:37 #927

• hitman44
  • Calm before the storm
each week he does seem to be inproving i have been useing the treats to distract him from getting over exited when he sees a dog to getting nervous when theres kids on scooters.but i think just getting out and about with him and staying calm when he gets into a state and reasureing him are the things that relax him the most.the article on the doglistner dont think its the same person who as writen the book ive read whice is called the doglistner whice is written by a lady cant thinkof her name but its a very good read if youve not read it

Re: nervous akita 06 Oct 2011 21:23 #951

It's great to hear that Diesel is starting to relax a bit Mick....sounds like you're on the right track....dogs will do anything for a treat!! ...cross fingers that Diesel won't be too long in calming down altogether, but don't get disheartened if he dosn't....patience & perseverance .....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: nervous akita 07 Oct 2011 14:21 #981

I'm so glad to hear that Diesel is doing good and I knew it wouldn't be that much of a problem because he sounds like he is avery clever boy indeed!!!!!!

So glad to hear it thoug, and let us all know whatever happnes!!!!!

Thankyou, and congrats again.

Jessica and the gang!
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter