Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Understanding dog laws

Re: Understanding dog laws 04 Dec 2012 23:51 #7523

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Hi Kevin

Tia can be very moody around unfamiliar dogs, and I know how scary it can be when off leaders come bounding along. The owner is miles away, shouting and waving at their dog who is not taking a blind bit of notice. Then when they get closer all you get is "its ok hes friendly", thats all well and good but their dog is often being invasive, dominant and not friendly at all.
The dog laws state that all dogs must be kept under control in public places at all times. As has been said, you do not need to muzzle Yuki unless she is a threat to people/dogs.
If on your walk there is a persistant nuisance dog that causes Yuki problems, you can tell the owner to stop this from happening or you will be contacting the Dog Warden for advice about reporting an owner failing to control their dog in public. I have used this approach myself in the past, it works.
I try to walk Tia where I can be fairly sure we will not encounter off leaders, prevention is also good for your wifes peace of mind. Sometimes just a change of walk time can avoid the "dog walk rush hour"
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !

Re: Understanding dog laws 05 Dec 2012 11:42 #7527

• kevinelsmore
  • Calm before the storm
thank you everybody -your advice is helpful ! its me who is taking Yuki out in the mornings because i have a more free time then my husband .I ussually change time and place .And we love her very much she is the best for us! she is really a good friend and i want to see her happy playing and not in muzzle.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter