Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: New Addition

Re: New Addition 20 Dec 2012 15:44 #7640

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Pearl was the first name that came to my mind, you have to seek them out. Seemed apt as she was clearly hard come by. Also , given her creamy white necklace. Im sure you'll get more suggestions.

Re: New Addition 20 Dec 2012 15:56 #7643

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
She's also a little 'Gem' ???

I can see my going through the Wikipedia Rubies section.

On account of the cost of her, how about 'Overdraft', 'Brassick', or 'ISA' ?

BTW, she's now a pound weight, up from 12oz on Tuesday. Amazing.

Re: New Addition 20 Dec 2012 16:13 #7644

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
Bearing in mind the Day she was born and Mums name.......

Tuesday? Or should that be Chewsday in anticipation ??

Re: New Addition 21 Dec 2012 16:04 #7656

• Joanne
  • Proud and Loud
Sorry to hear about the other pups..BUT Ruby is ok and you have Monkey so not all bad...looking forward to seeing her grow.
I have another...13wk old male...hopefully i can show him as this is what i bought him for.

Re: New Addition 21 Dec 2012 17:37 #7659

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
Can I ask everyone with experience, what degree of success have you had of Mum and Daughter co-existing well together if keeping a pup? I know of one case where a 'family' seemed to co exist well, but the youngsters were <2 years. Not sure if dominance tensions might develop later on between Mum and daughter ???

Re: New Addition 21 Dec 2012 21:28 #7661

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
Another little surprise today.

An XRay yesterday showed no pups and vet was 90% sure it was all down hill from here. Then this afternoon with Mum sitting next to me, I thought she was very busy cleaning herself, looked over-and there was another tiny pup. (3 1/2 days after the first two) It must have been hidden inside her ribcage. Stillborn again at a tiny 6oz. All resuscitation efforts proved fruitless. Rubes had got it out the bag, cut the cord, cleaned it and ate the placenta in about 2 minutes, and constantly licked it, but at that size it really never stood any chance.

Shes now been scanned again and given drugs to flush anything else out (nothing) and antibiotics incase she had any infection from the stillborns.

Meanwhile junior has gone from 12 oz on Tuesday to over 17 oz today. We are treating her like a priceless jewel.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter