Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: New Addition

Re: New Addition 17 May 2013 22:46 #8791

Great to see happy akita's in the bluebells I can't believe that huge puppy was once a little blob does Rube still get on with her daughter?
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: New Addition 18 May 2013 08:57 #8792

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
'Little blob' is 5 months today, and 3/4 of Mum's height. There are times Mum just wants peace and quiet and Pups wants to play, when she grumbles at her or reproaches her, but when they play or show each other affection its really sweet.

Overall, they get on very well and have bonded, and an extra Akita means we are a happier household. Rubes is certainly not as bored!

I'm very proud of my 2 bears, and where ever we go people stop me to ask about them and say hello. We get people looking out of windows and pointing, and even cars pulling to a halt alongside us on the road. They are local celebrities !!

Re: New Addition 19 May 2013 15:14 #8800

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
Pearly was sitting still for long enough just now to give me enough time to take a couple of nice portrait shots. Look at the size of those ears !!

Re: New Addition 19 May 2013 23:31 #8804

5 months! she looks like fully mature lady! she is just soooo beautiful

Asia also gets people stopping in their cars and asking about her in this small country town it's always positive questions about the breed, in London people would stop their cars to ask if we wanted to breed from her! I had to be on my gaurd all the time.

It's great that Rube and madam are still getting on so well:)

Re: New Addition 21 May 2013 12:47 #8807

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
A bit of a scare yesterday.

Pearl, who has absolutely no fear of anything, jumped through the hedge of the wood, over the ditch and under the wire, in order to go and say 'hello' to a 2 Ton Red Devon bull in the field next door, which is bigger than a Transit Van. She just stood in front of it looking at it.

Fortunately the cattle are very used to their owners dog and never flinched. I ran after her and grabbed her from in front of the bull, which was so close I could feel it breathing on me.

She was dragged back to the wood and physically thrown over the hedge with me shouting at her, calling her a stupid suicidal idiot.

Think I'll be hedge laying next week.

Re: New Addition 21 May 2013 14:11 #8808

Blimey! bigger than a transit van! so... just a weeny bit bigger than Pearly then

That must have been heart thumping time for you Asia is very inquisative with farm animals too, she loves horses and cows and will stand at the fences to say hello but thankfully there's always been a fence between her and the other animal:) although she and Brian were once followed by herd of cows! lots of cows! and they were slowly heard around him and Asia, so Brian is now more scared of cows than Asia is
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter