Welcome, Guest

Please help with Akita puppy advice.............
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Please help with Akita puppy advice.............

Re: Please help with Akita puppy advice............. 09 Mar 2013 18:57 #8333

• lionking
  • Bear Puppy
yes exactly sir you are correct and that is the best reply I have got by far thanks for that his mum is pure white so definitely she is japanese and she also had looks of japanese one, and dad had black mask so he is definitely american akita (also he was bigger in size than mum)

but thanks for the reply also I took him to vet and got his vaccines done but i was little worried on his weight (which is 6.6 kgs) as he is 10 weeks that is what the breeder said when we got him plus 1 week with us and its the same birth date on his insurance papers and pedigree papers.

is his weight ok for 11 weeks old pup?

Thanks

Re: Please help with Akita puppy advice............. 09 Mar 2013 19:48 #8334

• Joomla
  • Trustee
For his size i think his weight is fine. Did you also get him wormed, as they need doing very regular when they are pups ??
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Please help with Akita puppy advice............. 09 Mar 2013 19:52 #8335

• lionking
  • Bear Puppy
Yes he was wormed by the breeder and he was due again so I wormed him yesterday also i keep an eye on his feeding and he is doing very well but do you recon he will catch up with the breeds normal weight as he grows up?

Thanks

Re: Please help with Akita puppy advice............. 09 Mar 2013 20:54 #8336

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Yes he will catch up as he gets older and bigger, though you dont want them to heavy as this can effect the joints badly with early onset arthritis etc. If he looks to be getting thinner then just add a bit more in his bowl at meal times and of course if he is getting to big take a bit out.

Re: Please help with Akita puppy advice............. 09 Mar 2013 23:39 #8337

He does look very akita, but he's not as chunky looking as the usual akita pup of his age, but as Denise says he could be a tweeny, or is it possible that he's the runt of the litter? did you see the other litter mates? how did he compare to them in appearance? I think he's beautiful and has a very sweet little face and expression

Re: Please help with Akita puppy advice............. 10 Mar 2013 11:02 #8340

• lionking
  • Bear Puppy
hi thanks and unfortunately when we went to get our pup it was only him and his little sis (who actually was tiny than him, bless her)
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter