Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Feeding Ben

Feeding Ben 25 Jul 2013 14:45 #9084

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi everyone, now I hang my head at having to ask this but Ben is now 14 weeks old and he is having 4 meals per day when should I start to reduce his meals to 3 its been so long since I have had a pup the old grey matter has gone to sleep! Bill,Zak and Ben.

Re: Feeding Ben 26 Jul 2013 22:13 #9090

Yer know Bill...I can't remember that either I'd give the vet a ring and ask for advice, or ask in the pet shop, or depending on what you're feeding him, does it say on the pack when to reduce from 4 meals a day? hopefully someone willcome along and give you a more informative answer than me How is the little fluff ball getting on?
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Feeding Ben 28 Jul 2013 15:08 #9094

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Hi Bill
As long as Ben is putting weight on steadily you should be fine to reduce him to three meals a day now, but obviously still spreading the recommended amount over the three meals.
The only time you would need to feed him more often than this is if he isn't gaining weight, which would mean that he wasn't digesting the food correctly, and he was disposing of it more quickly. ( in the form of poop.)
Hope this helps. We would love some pics please, bet he's grown loads already.

Re: Feeding Ben 20 Aug 2013 14:42 #9158

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
I think I am getting the hang of this puppy lark again! he is growing so fast and getting into all kinds of mischief.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Feeding Ben 20 Aug 2013 16:19 #9159

Wow! his colouring is really showing through now and look at that tail! he's bit of a looker and grownig so fast thanks for the pupdate
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter