Welcome, Guest

Help Our akita is attacking our husky
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help Our akita is attacking our husky

Help Our akita is attacking our husky 21 Feb 2014 16:29 #9437

• Sarahgibb
  • Bear Puppy
Over the last 2days Harper has attacked our husky 4 times, he hasn't retaliated (yet!) but she bears her teeth then lunges at him then will not let go! I have recently had a large op so Harper hasn't had many walks, and our husky is normally just walking past her when she lunges. We are a bit unsure why this has suddenly started, could it be that she may be coming into season(she's 14 months old now)we are saving to have her spayed! She has never been this way before so if anyone could give me some advice I would be SO grateful
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Help Our akita is attacking our husky 22 Feb 2014 01:16 #9441

I'm so sorry to hear this I would get her spayed as soon as possible, around about 14 months is the sorta adolecent period and they get very moody and can become a bit confused about domination issues, from what you say about the way she lunges when husky is just walking pass it could be a bit of "get out of my space!" situation * maybe borrow the money to get her spayed? because if it is to do with her hormones the sooner you nip it in the bud the better
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarahgibb

Re: Help Our akita is attacking our husky 25 Feb 2014 08:44 #9443

• Sarahgibb
  • Bear Puppy
Thank you! I've run the vets but they have said we need to wait till three months after she comes into season!! Luckily she's seems to have calmed a little but thank you for your advice

Re: Help Our akita is attacking our husky 26 Feb 2014 17:30 #9444

Best of luck, maybe in the meantime, when you've recovered from your op, you could take her to some training classes I know it helped my boy akita with his teenage domination, and it helped me to be able to understand him and control him in a positive way they need to keep those old akita brains stimulated when they're young but when they get to my girls age (90) they want to snooze away the day Asia had a big zoomy around the garden this morning and she's slept for the rest of the day lazy girl

Good luck with sorting things out, please get back to us if you need to
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Help Our akita is attacking our husky 27 Jun 2014 21:02 #9516

could you not get a dog walker in until you recover from your op? or better yet a family member to give her a good run
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter