Welcome, Guest

Introducing new Akita puppy to other dogs?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Introducing new Akita puppy to other dogs?

Introducing new Akita puppy to other dogs? 10 Nov 2014 18:06 #9736

Hi there,

I've posted a few times, last time to say about losing Akira my beloved rescue akita. Well I have been looking for another dog and found some Akita puppies, they are not old enough to leave their Mum yet but I liked the look of one little girl puppy very much.

Can anyone give me any advice, I have a friend who has a female cavachon puppy who is now about 10 months old, she is a lovely and extremely friendly dog with not one jot of aggression in her. My dear old Akira had no patience for my friend's dog and I was wondering if anyone out there had experience of Akitas getting on with other dogs particularly smaller ones, has anyone introduced an Akita puppy to another dog and had them become friends, are there any techniques you could recommend that might help? The puppy I am hoping to get won't be able to come home until 14th December so I have got a bit of time to plan and think about how to prepare. I'd be so grateul for any idea or advice.

Thanks everyone and hope you and your dogs are having a nice November and not too upset by the fireworks.

All best wishes,
Betty x.

Re: Introducing new Akita puppy to other dogs? 12 Nov 2014 15:32 #9738

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi Betty,my new boy Ben is now 18months old and right from the start I had him mixing with other dogs big and small and at the present time he is like a breath of fresh air he is so friendly with people and loves other dogs I think every dog is different my last two boys were very dog aggressive so to be able to go for walks without having to look over your shoulder every five mins is great so I think socialization is a must hope this helps and good luck its very exhausting having a new pup around but such great fun! Bill,Zak&Ben.

Re: Introducing new Akita puppy to other dogs? 15 Nov 2014 01:00 #9743

Hello Betty, good to hear from you I think there's every chance of a pup getting on with other dogs, my old Benny was geat with other dogs, unless they showed aggression then he'd want to get in first Puppy classes will always help and lots of doggy socializing is great, but as pup gets older things can change, so bear that in mind As long as there's lots of socializing for your pup and adolecent things have a great chance of going well

Its good to hear you're now thinking of taking on a new akita Betty
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter