Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Flatulance

Flatulance 08 Mar 2015 20:37 #9834

• Dennis
  • Bear Puppy
Is this a common occurance with Akita's or just dogs in general. She lets wind on what I would say is a more regular than normal occasion and the smell is truly horrible as well as embarasing (especially at the training class). We were told by RSPCA that she would eat any food (dry) so we started to feed her with Waggs. The trainer told us that this cantained to many addatives and to try to wean her onto Burns. We have done this over the last 2 weeks. Is the flatulance due to a change in diet?

Re: Flatulance 09 Mar 2015 08:01 #9835

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi try adding some charcoal biscuits to the food I feed my boy on James Wellbeloved turkey and rice and add some boiled chicken Bill&Ben.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dennis

Re: Flatulance 11 Mar 2015 00:11 #9837

Yep, charchoal is great for wind, if the charcoal biscuits don't work try charcoal capsules from holland and Barrets, you can break the capsule open and spread it on her dinner if she won't take the capsule and try changing her food as the trainer suggested please let us know how things go
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Flatulance 22 Mar 2015 17:25 #9877

• Dennis
  • Bear Puppy
Charcoal has worked great. Many thanks for the tip. It is now a very small part of her daily food.

Re: Flatulance 23 Mar 2015 17:59 #9878

Great it's usually the simple natural things that work
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter