Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Knit your dog

Knit your dog 16 Nov 2011 09:19 #1889

• AkitaInu
  • Proud and Loud
If any of you are interested in collecting your Akita fur and having it spun into balls of yarnl, this lady can do it for you. Margaret can also arrange for you to have hats, scarves, gloves etc knitted by one of her connections.

Details are as follows.

Margret Wilkin - Sheffield
phone: 01142 498143
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Price - 10 pence per gram

Depending on the fur, it could take 100g of fur to spin 50g of yarn. The cost per gram is for the completed washed yarn in a ball of "wool".

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 11 Jan 2012 10:05 by Stephanie.

Re: Knit your dog 16 Nov 2011 22:35 #1896

It's a great idea, I've started collecting(since Maya's last blow) her fur, god knows how long it's going to take to get a good amount, my daughter is also collecting her Alkitas fur ....Stephanie has already done it & we had a look at the balls of yarn she got back & it was lovely......it's good to have the link posted, so we know where to send it....many thanks.......Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: Knit your dog 17 Nov 2011 11:41 #1902

Sounds like another good link I keep meaning to save Asia's fur, I could walk her in gloves and scarf to match her coat She's started blowing yet again! I think it`s the warm weather for this time of year, her body proberly thinks its spring! I hope she hangs on to some of her coat or she`ll have to wear a doggy coat in the really cold weather

Re: Knit your dog 11 Dec 2011 17:39 #2219

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
Added pic of Anouks fur spun to Kate's posting.

It was mixed with a little blue to give it some oomph.

Waiting for my friend Linda to send me my knitted scarf. She is busy with the hat.

I am collecting some more because I would like a poncho.

I had to apologise to my cleaner as I blamed her for throwing away three bags full of fur and then found them with the Xmas decorations in the loft. But on a good note, I am half way to my poncho!!!
Last Edit: 11 Dec 2011 17:39 by Stephanie.

Re: Knit your dog 11 Dec 2011 23:32 #2224

I can`t find the pics Stephanie

I hope you post pics of the hat and scarf, I'd love to see those I've thrown out soooooo much of Asai`s fur these last couple of weeks, I reckon I could have gotten a hat, scarf and coat! out of her, the poor girl looks like half the akita she was!

How on earth did the bags of fur get into the deccy box!?

Re: Knit your dog 12 Dec 2011 21:25 #2231

I remember the pic, it was in the old site ....busy collectin Maya's fluffy hair at the mo', but I think it's going ot be some time before I can get some gloves or a scarf, or a hat out of her fluff(never mind a poncho!! )....I've got one carrier bag at the mo' how many does it take Stephanie??.....Pam Maya & Scoobie
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter