Welcome, Guest

Custom made Akita sculptures of your dog.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Custom made Akita sculptures of your dog.

Custom made Akita sculptures of your dog. 22 Nov 2011 16:23 #1990

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
I've a friend who's a professional animal sculptress, she currently makes ceramic models cows, farmyard animals, penguins, cats, etc. They are very good and quite reasonable prices.

This year I've sold 200 cards of Ruby in my gallery, and I asked my friend if she could also do little Ruby sculptures about 5 inches high in her colour to sell, which she is happy to try.

I also mentioned I'm part of an Akita web group (you lot) and there would probably be a lot of interest from other Akita owners to have Akita sculptures in the particular colours of their dog. There would be a generic identical 'Akita' shape, then colouring to near as possible to match your particular dog or dogs.

Cost would be around £35 + postage at cost (£3 or 4?), I'd be able to take orders over the phone at my shop using a card, but would need photos of the dog to get the colours right.

Question is, before I ask her to proceed, how many people are genuinely interested ( no obligation now) in this idea, to give us an idea of likely demand please.

Hopefully not everybody will want one (or several) all at once, as she's already very busy and she's doing this as a favour.

Its not possible to match the exact shape of each dog, that would be too expensive, so we'll have to go for a generic 'average' Akita shape, but taylor-make the colours.

Re: Custom made Akita sculptures of your dog. 22 Nov 2011 16:47 #1991

• Joanne
  • Proud and Loud
I would be interested but would like to see one finished first to get an idea of what they will be like,i have seen one on ebay who does the same but they are £85 but total quality piece.

Re: Custom made Akita sculptures of your dog. 22 Nov 2011 18:01 #1992

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I think we're talking something very similar to the Ebay ones, but at around a third of the cost.

She hasn't done an Akita yet, I'm just sniffing out interest, but here is some of her other work which shows what she's capable of;

They are solid figures, not cast, each one is hand assembled but she can get the cost down by assembling them from press molded parts.

My gallery is one of the best craft/art outlets in the Southwest and as a 'proper' craftsman myself i only stock other pieces from friends if they are very well made and well priced, as such you can expect if we do Akitas, they'll be pretty good.

Attachment lyingcow.JPG not found

Last Edit: 22 Nov 2011 18:03 by oldclaypaws. Reason: picture omitted

Re: Custom made Akita sculptures of your dog. 22 Nov 2011 18:40 #1993

• Joomla
  • Trustee
I would be very interested, and you have said that it would be a generic Akita shape, but would it be possible to one for Akitas and another for the Inus? Would still be interested if not.

Re: Custom made Akita sculptures of your dog. 22 Nov 2011 18:53 #1994

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
I had a feeling someone would ask that Denise. In theory, possible, but as she teaches and has strong demand for her work, she's not looking to drum up hundreds of orders as she's pushed for time. If a dozen people were interested, plus my wholesale order for a dozen Ruby's, that would justify the effort of her trying to perfect the generic Akita form and make the press molds. - She is doing me a favour to consider this, she's not desperate for business, so we are lucky if she agrees because of me pestering her. I'd imagine that numbers of Inu's are fewer than American, so there might only be a handful of people after them, which on its own wouldn't justify the day or two it takes to make the press moulds.

Any other takers?

Re: Custom made Akita sculptures of your dog. 22 Nov 2011 19:32 #1995

• AkitaInu
  • Proud and Loud
I might be interested in the Inus but I'd want to see one before committing, which isn't helpful I know.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter