Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Forum URLS - IMPORTANT

New Forum URLS - IMPORTANT 19 Aug 2012 12:18 #6270

• Kiri
  • Administrator
Hi all,

I have been doing some work on the website URLs today - these are the long strings of text that identify individual website pages. For example, the URL for the forum is: www.akitarescue.org.uk/forum

The reason for making changes across the website and forum is that some of the previous URLs included irrelevant words & characters, decreasing the chances of a good ranking in Google and the other search engines. There were also duplications of words within the URLs. Basically the idea has been to make the website more efficient and search engine friendly.

So for example the previous URL of:

www.akitarescue.org.uk/component/kunena/17-news-stories-links/4800-dog-snoopy-is-best-man

has been changed to:

www.akitarescue.org.uk/forum/news-stories-links/4800-dog-snoopy-is-best-man.html

And the page:

www.akitarescue.org.uk/dogs-currently-in-need/dogs-in-need

has been changed to:

www.akitarescue.org.uk/dogs-for-adoption.html

These are just a few examples – many more changes have been made.

What does this mean for you as a forum user?

It means that any links to forum threads you have bookmarked/added to favourites in Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chome/Safari may now be out of date and may return a 404 error. While I will be forwarding all old URLs on the main website to the appropriate new URLs, and the same for the main forum URLs, I cannot update every single thread URL – it would take too long.

So if you have particular threads you regularly visit via a bookmark, you will need to find the threads (use the search function if needs be) and re-bookmark them.

You may also notice that where links have been added on one thread to another thread, these will now be out-of-date. Forum mods will be updating all links in stickies soon to avoid confusion, but again we can’t go back through every thread.

I am working on this throughout today (Sunday) and tomorrow (Monday). If you encounter any problems after this point loading pages or navigating the forum (taking into account what has been said above), please add them below.

Thank you,

Abbie

Re: New Forum URLS - IMPORTANT 08 Sep 2012 05:17 #6550

• philsniko
  • Bear Puppy
Hi,

can you please tell me hiow I post a question to the forum,

thank you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter