Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Car restraints for dogs

Car restraints for dogs 17 Jul 2013 20:34 #9055

• stellalgray
  • Administrator
I just posted this question on Facebook but thought I would ask on here too:

Does anyone use any sort of restraint for your dogs in the car? I have a Fiat Panda so have to fold the seats down for my two to travel in it which covers up the seatbelt sockets and makes it awkward for the type of belts which attach directly in to them. As you can imagine it is a small space but they have room to stand (which they prefer) or to lie down (if made to). Is there anything that would be suitable to attach to the actual seat belt or would I be better to get a dog grill instead? My husband, who is a health and safety manager, yawn, says that if there was an accident they would just fly through one of those anyway so it would be a waste of time but I am thinking more of stopping them slobbering down my neck while I drive. I always worry when they are standing up in the back I might get stopped by the police so want to comply with the law as well as making sure they (and us) are safe. Any ideas?

Re: Car restraints for dogs 19 Jul 2013 14:37 #9062

We don't use anything on Asia, she just lays on the back seat and that's where she stays Except when we moved up here to Norfolk, we drove up here in a medium sized Luton van on a very snowy evening 2 days before Christmas, the seating area was only really 2 people size so madam had to sit on my knee all the way! nearly 2 hours! it was a tight squeeze but she kept me warm and I could hold onto her and prevent her from flying through the window if we pulled up fast if your husband had seen us he'd have been pulling his hair out by the roots!

I did see a proper dog saftybelt in the factory shop once, it was attachable to the car seat somehow, it looked like a good thing to have
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter