Welcome, Guest

RabiesalertUK - News - update on rules being broke
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: RabiesalertUK - News - update on rules being broke

Re: RabiesalertUK - News - update on rules being broke 19 Jan 2012 20:16 #2820

• AkitaInu
  • Proud and Loud
It's interesting that the objections and 'scares' are always led by people who also run quarantine kennels ... the ones who profit the most from keeping quarantine as long as possible.

Re: RabiesalertUK - News - update on rules being broke 20 Jan 2012 10:33 #2831

• Hattiesmum
  • Proud and Loud
funny you should say that because they are the people who have ended up picking up the mess cause by DEFRA and are on the front line. Also Dogs Trust, RSPCA and BVA (Vets) are also opposed to this new ruling.

Quarantine kennels have been in decline for ages now since Pet Passports as only animals from certain high risk countries were liable to quarantine. Many had to close when the Pet Passport scheme came into being.
This new EU ruling is much more about making sure the animals have been vaccinated, tested and are sure they are not carriers. It is very simple 35 days after vacc's and a blood test. Not 21 days and no blood test. Quarantine does not come into it with this petition.

Bali was rabies free for years and then they changed the rules and they now have a real problem. New Zealand and Australia are furious at the changes and have tightened up their control over our animals going there now.
Last Edit: 20 Jan 2012 10:35 by Hattiesmum.

Re: RabiesalertUK - News - update on rules being broke 02 Feb 2012 11:59 #3130

There are some benifits to relaxing the the laws, these dogs would still be suffering terribly, but are now being helped by the animal sanctury. I didn`t know Romainia had such a bad reputation when it comes to animal cruelty, how disgusting can people be to treat animals in this way!

I hope this link works

us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=4c95cca2af7aa16d5d44b5a9e&id=ea81e9be6d&e=18ed4a0219
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: RabiesalertUK - News - update on rules being broke 02 Feb 2012 23:06 #3158

If that's pics of animal cruelty, or stories about it Pauline, I can't watch or read about it....makes me feel physically sick & I have nightmares....anybody that is cruel to any animal should have the same thing done to them...they're not human, they're scum......Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: RabiesalertUK - News - update on rules being broke 03 Feb 2012 10:52 #3168

• Hattiesmum
  • Proud and Loud
Ladyhaye International Pet Travel Agents

we have just spoken to defra, they are telling us some scary stories about Eastern Europeans selling illegal puppies in the port of dover, they are able to bring these dogs into the UK under the commercial movements of pets act, which means there are NO checks at the port of entry!!! A large amount of dogs can be brought through the Border Inspection Posts, without so much as a scan of a micro chip! The facebook page Rabies Alert UK offers more information on this, they also have a link for an e petition to stop this happening, please sign this petition to protect our animals and children!!

Re: RabiesalertUK - News - update on rules being broke 03 Feb 2012 12:15 #3172

• AkitaInu
  • Proud and Loud
My understanding was that the recent changes applied to the Non-commercial movement of pets. Do you have any links to the regulations regarding the Comercial movement of dogs as these 2 sets of legislation are totally independent of each other.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter