Welcome, Guest

Dog agility or training?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Dog agility or training?

Dog agility or training? 28 Jan 2012 18:46 #3027

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if any of you and your bears, or other breeds take part in agility training or any other training of some sort if you do I would looooove to hear all about it and have some pictures!!!!!

I go flyball training with my Westie, Charlie oy and he loves it, I can't wait for the summer because we will be in the competetions too.

Thanks everyone please reply sooooon.
Jessica and the gang.

Re: Dog agility or training? 28 Jan 2012 23:46 #3028

I've never done any agility training Jessica, but I did gerneral obedience with my old Benny He got his begginers certificate but didn`t progress beyond that, he did get his Good citizen dog certificate though I loved traing him, he was such a calm and good boy
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Dog agility or training? 29 Jan 2012 00:07 #3034

Is an Akita dragging you for miles at top speed classed as agility training???? ...that's what my Maya does when we go out for walks....I adopted Maya when she was 2yrs old & I think her previous owners did take her to obedience classes...not that you would notice tho'....she's an absolute angel in the house & car, but a nightmare out & about....I certainly couldn't take her to classes as she would disrupt everything!!!.....but I love her, & wouldn't have her any other way .....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: Dog agility or training? 29 Jan 2012 08:43 #3037

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
Kate does agility and obedience with her three Akitas and german Shepard . I went to her class once and took Kiko through her paces. It was my first time but I looked like an expert ONLY because the dog was so good at it. It was quite funny telling the other ladies that it was my first time. I think they didn't believe me. The dogs love it, well maybe not Meg, but then she does not like getting her feet dirty and considers herself semi retired. Perhaps Kate will post some pics.

Re: Dog agility or training? 29 Jan 2012 10:59 #3041

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Like Pam, I would not be able to take Thorn to any sort of class as he either wants to kill or eat the other dogs, especially if they answer him back!

Thorn learnt to pull, we think, when in the dogs home. We have worked very patiently with him over the last 13 months and mostly we have a bear who walks nice and quetly. Cats do not bother him any more, he just likes to stand, stare and scare the poo out of them. Dogs, well we dread meeting one on our walks, but that is this bear!

Sue and Thorn aka Cuddles

Re: Dog agility or training? 29 Jan 2012 11:11 #3042

• Anniesmum
  • Teenage Rampager
All of my dogs have done obedience Annie passed her kennel club obedience silver but fluffed the gold as she followed me out of the room on the out of site downstay Roman at 12 months has already passed his Silver and is doing very well at his gold which he takes in a few weeks time

My old boy Kye who sadly left us last June at 13 years of age did agility and loved it though in the end I couldnt keep up with him.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter