Welcome, Guest

Insuring older akitas
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Insuring older akitas

Insuring older akitas 08 Apr 2012 19:49 #4624

• Nicky43
  • Teenage Rampager
If you adopt an older Akita do you have any problems getting them insured, sorry if Ive posted this in the wrong place, but its something that must be considered when adopting.

Thanks

Ruby's mum xx

Re: Insuring older akitas 08 Apr 2012 21:18 #4625

• Joomla
  • Trustee
You can get them insured, but it cost an arm and a leg, well possibly 2 legs !!!
Some will not insure any dogs over the age of 9yrs.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Insuring older akitas 08 Apr 2012 23:02 #4627

You can see how much it would cost by going on confused.com and filling in the details for a dog insuance qoute. I did it to check out a pup akita insurance and I noticed that when you go over £4000-00 for each health problem the premium more than doubles on most insurances, so it depends on what sort of cover you go for, you can get a basic one or you can go for all the stuff that covers you for boarding is you have to go into hospital ect. Actually confused.com has a lot of helpful info on it, I've often thought of adopting an older boy, I think I need to check the insurance out too
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Insuring older akitas 09 Apr 2012 21:59 #4644

• Nicky43
  • Teenage Rampager
Thank you for that I too am thinking about adopting but insurance is a must you just never know what might happen in the future, I will have a look on confused.com.

Re: Insuring older akitas 09 Apr 2012 22:06 #4647

Aww it would be great ot adopt an older Akita and very kind too as they say its only the puppies that go now a days which is sad But I dont care a dog is a dog and thats all that matters to me! You could maybe also ask your local vet and see what they say? Good luck and best wishes

Jessica&Charlie Boy

Re: Insuring older akitas 09 Apr 2012 23:14 #4652

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
We've just insured both of ours with John Lewis for £17 each , that's for £10,000 of vets cover each year and is a lifetime policy. They insure any age dog, but don't know how much for. They were brilliant to deal with and we got 5 percent discount off both dogs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter