Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Insurance

Insurance 28 Apr 2012 18:17 #4911

• marti
  • Teenage Rampager
Are there any good companies(if possible ) I've found John Lewis and they look quite good
“Whenever a man is lonely, God sends him a dog.” - A de Lamartine

Re: Insurance 28 Apr 2012 18:41 #4912

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Have heard that John Lewis is good by a couple of people. Which ever you go for, get a For life cover, as this will cover you for any problems that they have for the rest of their lives.
I have an agreement with my vets, i pay them at least £10 a fortnight, if i have to use what i have saved i fill up again by paying a bit more a fortnight till a have put back what i have used. Shiro will be 10yrs in July and the cost of the isurance is ridiculous.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Insurance 28 Apr 2012 19:06 #4913

• marti
  • Teenage Rampager
I used to have that cover with Animal Friends but as they don't cover Akitas anymore I'll probably go with JL unless someone can advise of another company

Re: Insurance 28 Apr 2012 20:08 #4916

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
I'm with John Lewis with my two. I haven't had to claim yet thank goodness, but have found them really helpful on the phone. For Obi it was £18 but that was with a discount for insuring both dogs. Might be a bit cheaper for you as you have a bitch. Did lots of research before I went with them and they came top in the Which insurance guide , so that clinched it.

Re: Insurance 29 Apr 2012 10:31 #4922

• marti
  • Teenage Rampager
£19.98 a month with a £25 excess. Looks really good when compared to other insurers

Re: Insurance 29 Apr 2012 13:27 #4925

I have heard that John Lewis is really good!!!

Im not sure what we are with but I know that is has something to do with our vets my mam takes care of all of that but I will ask her and find out because we are with the same thing for our cats but different for the horses though I think

Jessica&Charlie Boy
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2012 13:27 by Akita-lover-forever.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter