Fumming at the new legislation for vets
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fumming at the new legislation for vets

Fumming at the new legislation for vets 11 Oct 2013 09:52 #9268

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Hi Everyone

as you know I'm not one for skipping on vets fees and I'm the first to take JD when he needs it.

The new legislation for repeat prescriptions has hit me hard and I'm at my wits end

JD as hes got older stresses when I take him to the vets so if at all possible I consult the vets over the phone and between us we get him sorted if he needs it I take him but if not I keep him chilled at home. When he stresses he gets a flare up and I have to hit him hard with the steroids

the new rules are that they have to see him every 6 month or they cant give-him a repeat prescription. Obviously I'm at the stage I have to take him but keep putting it off I've had 3 appointments today being one and I've canceled everyone as hes looking so fit and well. I have enough meds for another month and then I will have to do the dirty deed. I've tried to save up £60 to get them to come out to him but my business isn't doing well and as fast as I've got a little money it goes ( I'm sure you are all in the same position LOL ) Its so hard to know what to do for the best but i know when the time comes I will know what my best option if I'm still worried about him we will have to have beans on toast for a month hehehe

Sorry for going on

I just wanted a rant hehehe

Take care everyone love and hugs Dawn and sloppy licks from JD xxxx

[attachment:1]2011-07-03 12.40.12.jpg[/attachment]

Re: Fumming at the new legislation for vets 11 Oct 2013 22:07 #9270

Oh Dawn matey, the flipping vet stuff is so hard sometimes isn't it I hadn't heard obout the new legislation, but it's a big pain in the bum for you and JD isn't it, how flipping pointless! they know all about JDs condition, surley they can bend the rules for you and dogs in JDs situation especially seeing as they know he can get stressed and that can cause a flare up I spose all you can do is try to keep him as de-stressed as possible on the journey, it sounds like you're stuck really and like you say it's all extra expence. I've just paid a mint to my vet for Asia's op, it's a big chunk frm the bank that we don't really have and we only got about two thirds back from the insurance and the vets have the cheek to charge us an extra £8.50 for them to fill in the insurance form! we had to do two claims because the last operation was 'cos the first one went a bit wrong and we still had to pay them even though the second op shouldn't have happened Oh dear you've got me onto a right proper band wagon here I'd better shut up

But I realy do hope JD is okay and that you manage to find the money, maybe a boot sale or something

If you need to spout off Dawn don't hesitate to mail me

Cuddles from me and Aishy Waishy XX
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: malibu2027

Re: Fumming at the new legislation for vets 11 Oct 2013 22:42 #9271

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Oh Dawn, how awful The last thing you want to do is to stress poor JD out by taking him somewhere he is not happy going. It isnt as if you are asking for different meds is it, and they know JD well enough to be able to understand exactly what he needs.

Apart from the obvious stress it causes, you have the added stress and worry of the extra cost.

I do hope you manage to find a compromise or a cheaper solution.

Glad to hear super duper JD is doing well
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !

Re: Fumming at the new legislation for vets 12 Oct 2013 10:25 #9274

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
I've tried every thing not to take him the last time ended up me in tears at the reception ( it was so funny i had borrowed my daughters mascara that morning and it wasn't waterproof and I hadn't realized till i got back in the car and i had panda eyes I did laugh all the way home ) the reciptionist said it not worth getting upset about but I think I was just frustrated.

They said I could make an appointment to see the vet myself but is that really going to help or is it more expense and I will have to take him anyway.

I have about 4 weeks to pluck up courage to get him there unless something turns up and I find a little pot of money hehehe or maybe I could sell myself ( don't think i will get much there though hehehe )

I understand they have to follow the rules but its not as if they don't know i would walk over hot coals for JD Rant over will keep you all posted on how I resolve this love and hugs Dawn xxxxx

Re: Fumming at the new legislation for vets 13 Oct 2013 23:11 #9276

I'd have loved to have seen the panda eyes Dawn but on a serious note... it does seem like vets have turned into some kind of "jobs worths" these days doesn't it I know you will do everything you have to do for Mr JD but it must get so frustrating when you're being forced into doing something that you know will stress the poor boy out let's hope that everything works out somehow, otherwise it looks like it's the street corner for you Dawn
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Fumming at the new legislation for vets 14 Oct 2013 09:58 #9277

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
The street corner with or with out the panda eyes Pauline hehehe
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter