Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Car Ramp

Car Ramp 13 Mar 2014 14:49 #9454

• shammas
  • Bear Puppy
Hi all

I recently changed the car from a VW Touareg to a Range Rover Vogue which is ridiculously high even when I drop it down to loading level. I'm not sure if jumping in and out of it is beyond Hachi's capability or may cause him injuries. he's healthy and 2 years young. I wanna know whether I should be consistent with training him to get there or just get a car ramp and call it a day.

Any one has a similar problem (the Range) ?
I can't wait to hear your input on that.

Regards

Tarek and family

Re: Car Ramp 15 Mar 2014 00:42 #9456

Personally I'd just get a car ramp Akita's a very insistant and if they don't want to do it the will never do it, the more you try to encourage them the more they dig their heels in, so if you can make life easier for Hachi now the easier it'll be for you if not he'll get more and more "fussy" about getting in and out of the motor
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Car Ramp 05 Apr 2014 20:40 #9464

• shammas
  • Bear Puppy
Good advice Thanks

You are spot on, in fact I did get couple of nasty looks when I insisted to "make" him jump.

I will get the Ramp.

Cheers

Re: Car Ramp 05 Apr 2014 23:19 #9468

Great You know I'm sure akitas see those "nasty looks" that occur when they are being difficult and they play up to it my Asia insists on sitting at particular places on on our walks, I try to get her out of her self imposed rutine by moving her on and I often get a "nasty look" from a passer by I'm sure Asia sees the dirty look and sees the "sympathy" from the passer by because she digs her heels in even more!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter