Welcome, Guest

Bens in a bit of trouble.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bens in a bit of trouble.

Bens in a bit of trouble. 12 Jun 2014 16:49 #9501

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi All, Ben is now 13 months old and a right stinker in a playful way,he is great with people and children and good with dogs and enjoys a good old rough and tumble without any sign of aggressive behaviour I never let him off of his flexi lead because a; he would not come back and b; he would charge up to other dogs to play and as we know some do not like it he has been off his lead several times happily playing with other dogs in a fenced secure area where I sometimes go so I am pretty confident with him in that scenario but tonight he was playing with a dog happily when he pulled the lead out of my hands and went running over to the dogs owner who had her other dog on the lead and so I have been told for some reason does not like akitas well the woman started shouting and pulling her dog up on his lead and they got into a scrap this is the first time I have seen Ben show any sign of aggression I pulled Ben away and the next thing the woman is screaming he bit me he bit me now she did have quite a nasty bruise on her upper arm and there was a small amount of blood she was obviously upset i am not trying to place blame but i am pretty sure that Ben was defending himself and how can we be certain it was Ben who bit her it certainly was not intentional.I really hope i am wrong but this lady could possibly involve the police any advice would be welcome,Bill,Zak and Ben.

Re: Bens in a bit of trouble. 14 Jun 2014 20:18 #9505

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Hi Bill,

Oh dear, what an awful and scary situation for you to find yourself in.

They can be a little bit tricky sometimes these dogs of ours. At 13 months old, he is probably just hitting that adolescent stage where he will test situations and sometimes behave out of charachter. have you had him neutered yet?

Have the police been to visit you at all? im not too sure what to advise you there, except to seek good legal advice if they do call.

Please keep us updated, and I hope everything is ok
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !

Re: Bens in a bit of trouble. 15 Jun 2014 14:47 #9506

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi,update from Bens bit of trouble I have done a bit of investigating and it seems the lady in question has a bit of history regarding this kind of dramatic behaviour up until now she has been blaming her dogs dislike of other dogs on another neighbour of mine who has a south African dog called a borbiel but is always under control she came out into the park yesterday spotted Ben and me and promptly walked out of the gate I would like to discuss this sensibly with her but have a feeling I will be talking to myself! so its best if we just avoid each other. Bill,Zak & Ben.

Re: Bens in a bit of trouble. 15 Jun 2014 17:50 #9507

• Hattiesmum
  • Proud and Loud
I take it that you have had no visits from police since the incident? I also assume that when you saw her yesterday (when she left the park on sight of you) was since the incident? Also I am guessing she was walking dogs and her arm wasn't in a sling or appeared damaged from the 'bite'.?

Hope all is OK. Really feel for you. It happened to me with a previous dog long ago. A woman with a doberman grabbed my boy to cuddle him even tho. she didn't know him and he was growling and I was holding on a tight lead. He grabbed her arm but did not make any holes in it. Her husband wanted compensation. We got in touch with Pet Plan and we also got people to write letters saying he was a good boy really. Nothing happened in the end. So I hope all will be well as you love your dogs so much.

Re: Bens in a bit of trouble. 16 Jun 2014 15:13 #9508

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi Hattiesmum no she looked ok to me but I was some distance away and she had both dogs on the lead so I think unless she talks to me I will let sleeping dogs lie! Bill,Zak& Ben.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter