Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nala News

Nala News 25 Nov 2014 11:52 #9759

• delve18
  • Bear Puppy
The honeymoon period didn’t last long.
This morning Nala, whilst on her leash with a firm grip, managed to wriggle out of her collar and took off like a bat out of hell.
Fortunately there was a man with his dog at the gates of the park which distracted her, he caught hold of her long enough for me to get her back on the leash.
Had the dog owner not been there Nala would have been lost, or far worse given the busy London roads.
Then to make matters worse when we finally arrived home safely, she'd peed all over the bedroom floor before I'd had chance to take my coat off.
She will be attending obedience classes soon which I hope will help. I’m quite worried about taking her out now.
Last Edit: 25 Nov 2014 12:23 by delve18.

Re: Nala News 26 Nov 2014 00:24 #9760

Ooooh dear it looks like luck was on your side, know those busy London roads and thank heavans for the man with his dog maybe a harness would work better with Nala? you can still use a canny collar with it I'm sure once the obedence classes start it will help a lot, my Asia took almost a year to get a few things ironed out Please keep us updated on how things go
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Nala News 26 Nov 2014 11:26 #9765

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Good Luck sunshine this is my worst night mare as Akitas wont come back it takes a distraction to stop them xxxx

My honeymoon period finished the day i took Yogi out for the first time on my own and he was very naughty on the lead. He's still a hand full but now its me as I'm very nervous with him. Hes great with everyone else but see it as he has to protect me Im getting there with him. Its a long road but it does get easier.

Yogi weed everywhere when we first got him but I think he was making it his territory the sofa in both rooms and the bedroom the hall but he only weed the once in theses places so hopefully Nala will do the same

Good luck xxxxxxx

Re: Nala News 26 Nov 2014 13:18 #9769

• delve18
  • Bear Puppy
I bought her a Canny Collar today which seems to have calmed her down on the lead. Even though it's the recommended size for her it does seem a bit flimsy to me. She tried the same trick today and attempted to wriggle out of the collar. I didn’t panic this time and just ignored her so she just gave up and carried on walking.

There’s no stopping her wanting to play with other dogs, but I reckon the Canny Collar has done the trick in terms of her trying to chase magpies or squirrels, and pulling my arm out of its socket in the process. She tried once and gave up.

Hopefully she’ll get better in time.

Re: Nala News 27 Nov 2014 00:29 #9773

That all sounds very positive stick at it and she'll soon come round to doing things your way, akita's can be very stubborn but I've found that they soon come round if your consistent My Asia was a right proper stinker when I first got her, lunging at people, diving at dogs and not liking her lead, but she eventually gave in when she realized I wasn't going along with her nutty behavior
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter