help us to help kaos
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: help us to help kaos

help us to help kaos 08 Jan 2015 18:05 #9793

• dave68
  • Bear Puppy
www.gofundme.com/jvn854
Hi as some of you may know about kaos ,we adopted him from jawt in 2013 , he was one of the litter from irland, he has luxating pattellas in both legs and has had 5 opps which haven't worked, we took him to see Noel Fitzpatrick (tv super vet) and he needs 2 complete knee replacements which the insurance won't cover, the cost for the operations is approximately £15000, which we just cannot afford, so if you can help no matter how small kaos and us would be extremely grateful, thank you Ange, Dave n kaos
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: help us to help kaos 10 Jan 2015 00:28 #9794

So sorry to hear about Kaos, but I'm completly skint and I'm affraid I can't help, but I hope you can find the funds somehow, have you tired putting a plea on facbook? Why haven't the previous ops worked? my Benny had a slipping patella and was lucky wnough for the op to work, it left him with bad arthritis from the age of two but he managed very well

Good luck.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: help us to help kaos 12 Jan 2015 20:11 #9795

• dave68
  • Bear Puppy
Hi bensonsmum
Kaos had luxating patella in both legs, he has had 5 operations to date but all have failed, his left knee no longer has any cartilage left so it's bone on bone and the knee cap has moved, and the right leg the knee cap has moved, the left leg is in need of the total replacement and the right one needs the groove re cut and the knee cap re fitted,Im glad bunny was ok

Re: help us to help kaos 13 Jan 2015 12:30 #9796

It sounds like a lot of work needs doing It all costs so much more now doesn't it When Benny had his patella fixed (he had the same op that Kaos needed, the groove cut out) they found that he already had arthritis setting in and even worse his long bone was growing like a cork screw, they had to break it and rest it in a few places with screws and other metal, luckily he was covered by insurance but we still had to find a few hundred pounds, it was a long time ago and it was the op was done at cambridge, but it seems the cost of vet fees has inflated beyond reason! Is there anything like the blue cross that can help with the treatment and cost? can you get it done cheaper at a vet training college? just a thought.

Re: help us to help kaos 13 Jan 2015 19:03 #9797

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
Hi Dave

We private messaged on this topic and I advised you to get the rescue you adopted him from to administer any fund raisers that you do. ARW cannot encourage our members to donate to a cause, no matter how good willed, that is not via a registered charity. For this reason, we feel it necessary to remove your post. Please do not feel that we are being difficult, we are willing to advertise your fundraiser once it is administered by a charity. In the meantime, we wish Kaos as comfortable time as possible.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter