Welcome, Guest

Those with multiple dogs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Those with multiple dogs

Those with multiple dogs 14 Mar 2015 03:48 #9862

• lifeflower
  • Bear Puppy
How many do you take a walk at a time if you are on your own.

I always take all 3 of mine out together,sometimes I will just have 1 offlead,usually 2 and sometimes 3.

Onlead I walk all 3 together without any issues,I might put a headcollar on Craven if we are going to be walking close to other dogs,but he hasn't worn it for months now.

Sometimes I will walk them one at a time,leaving the other 2 in the car but these are only shortish walks of about 1/2 an hour each.
Điện hoa hà nội
I do get a few comments,the usual ones like you've got your hands full or who's taking who for a walk.But they don't bother me.I'm only 5 foot 2 inches so I probably do look a bit funny with 1 large and 2 medium dogs on a lead.

Re: Those with multiple dogs 16 Mar 2015 00:14 #9864

I haven't got multiple dogs now, but I always used to have 2 dogs. We walked them seperately because together they would "set each other off" for example, if one of them decided to be naughty the other would join in. When we went on a forest walk we never let Benny the akita off lead, he was always on an extended lead, but the other dog, Eddie the cross breed, would be off lead because he was good at recall, they still interacted together though
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lifeflower

Re: Those with multiple dogs 17 Mar 2015 21:18 #9872

• Teresa
  • Administrator
I walk my two separately too. Tia just hates anyone talking to Orange Dog, in fact she just hates everyone full stop!!!!

Tia has one of the highest prey drives ive seen, if it moves its game. So she has never been offlead, I would if there was a secure area where I live but there is nothing sadly

I have walked them both at the same time, but when Tia isnt being a cow then they are playing and messing about. TOTAL NIGHTMARE lol
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter