Welcome, Guest

Brilliant Walking Harness
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brilliant Walking Harness

Brilliant Walking Harness 12 May 2015 12:19 #9909

• delve18
  • Bear Puppy
My dog Nellie is an Akita/American Bulldog cross – so you can imagine the on-lead pulling power she has. Her Canny Collar works really well – no pulling at all, but she’s not keen on wearing it. For long walks on an extended lead I found a brilliant harness solution.
I found most harnesses too flimsy and one I bought rubbed off the fur under Nellie’s front legs (our armpit equivalent), the rough bands made it painful for her to walk too. Also Nellie, being a clever gal, discovered a way of wriggling out of standard harnesses on sale.

There’s a brilliant harness solution to be found at Pets Pyjamas. As well as being more comfortable the harness is equipped with a useful handle on the top, very practical when Nellie is gearing up to lurch for a squirrel, or in Nellie’s case, even an innocently grazing pigeon.

The front band with its reflective strip, whilst only Velcro, trust me is very strong and the ribcage band is further back so doesn’t chafe her armpits. It’s constructed for maximum comfort whilst trekking and Nellie really enjoys wearing it. It’s a tad more expensive, but well worth the investment.

The link is here.

Re: Brilliant Walking Harness 12 May 2015 20:26 #9911

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Aaaah yes, it is a lot like the Julius K9 harness. I was looking at the Hurtta active harness for Tia, mainly because its bright and I mean bright PINK

Glad you can walk her nicely on it and without it rubbing her little legs and tummy
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !

Re: Brilliant Walking Harness 15 May 2015 23:48 #9914

Thanks for the info right now I use a car harness on Asia, she's happy with it for now and it's a bit padded and has nice thick straps but I love the idea of a handle for a quick grab when needed
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter