Welcome, Guest

herbal pain relief?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: herbal pain relief?

herbal pain relief? 09 Oct 2011 08:45 #1096

• tigger68
  • Teenage Rampager
asking for a friend she has an older dog with the onset of mild arthritis has started glucosamine but was wondering if there is anything you can safely give dogs for pain without resorting to chemical intervention
i look forward to your tried and tested wisdom folks

Thanks
Traci and Kodie
(slobber,slobber)

Re: herbal pain relief? 09 Oct 2011 10:30 #1101

• malakita
  • Calm before the storm
There isn't really alot of stuff you can give a dog, but glucosamine and chondroitin, will help. Also hydrotherapy is good swimming in warm water keeps the weight off the joints and stops them siezing up. There are also vet beds you can get, which will help them from getting stiff after they've laid down for a while. K9-MX is the only herbal remedie i've heard of, It alleviates pain from arthritis, injury, or hip dysplasia. Also promotes joint lubrication, increased mobility, and can even rebuild joint cartilage. Based on the highly sought after Lakota Joint Care formulas for dog owners..
Michelle
The following user(s) said Thank You: tigger68

Re: herbal pain relief? 09 Oct 2011 14:40 #1110

• tigger68
  • Teenage Rampager
many thanks michelle she has lots medical problems herself and only takes herbal remedies so seems she would prefer that route with her old GSD

Re: herbal pain relief? 09 Oct 2011 14:56 #1112

• Joomla
  • Trustee
I have used Arnica gel for myself and my old girl Micha, i foundd that it did not clump up in the fur and i know it really helps me.

www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.222676/walk.yah.UKHB~U046
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: herbal pain relief? 09 Oct 2011 19:08 #1117

Hi Tracie & Kodie...nice to see you on the new site.....thanks Michelle & Denise, some sound remedies there...my son's Rottie has terrible joint pain in his elbow...he's been on Rimidyl(from the vets) now for 6mths & I've been looking for alternative herbal pain relief for him...he can only have one tab, anymore & he's sick....he had fluid drawn from the elbow & he's coming up 4yrs....that vets bed sounds good, I bet it's pricey tho'!!...do you get your Arnica from the shops Denise?...going to give that one a go....wonder if there is anything else???.....thanks.....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: herbal pain relief? 09 Oct 2011 19:12 #1119

• Joomla
  • Trustee
I usually get mine from QVC, but i think they sell the same brand, SBC on ebay Pam.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter