TOPIC: herbal pain relief?

Re: herbal pain relief? 09 Oct 2011 19:13 #1120

• malakita
  • Calm before the storm
Michelle

Re: herbal pain relief? 09 Oct 2011 19:16 #1121

• Joomla
  • Trustee
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: herbal pain relief? 09 Oct 2011 19:46 #1136

Thank you girlies will get onto the sites asap..... .....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: herbal pain relief? 14 Oct 2011 22:40 #1271

My old Benson had arthritus from the age of two and he was on rymadyl most of his life, as long as it`s under regular review from the vet it's okay, we also gave him chondroitin and glucosamine (we got it from holland and barretts and checked the correct dose with the vet) I saw a marked improvment in him on it, it really helped him, it took about 3 weeks to show the improvements, so I'm a big advocate of chondroitin/glucosamine

Re: herbal pain relief? 15 Oct 2011 19:35 #1282

How often did you have Benny reviewed by his vet Pauline??....I don't know if my son's vet set up any review dates for Sunny, think I'll have him checked by my vet tho'...think the last time he saw his vet was about May time...definately going to get the glucosamine & chondroitin...took that for myself a few years ago, but it was too late for me .....thanks for the advice Pauline.....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: herbal pain relief? 15 Oct 2011 22:28 #1283

Benny was checked out every time we had to get more rymadly for him, which was every two to three months, the vet would have him on a low dose of rymadyl in the warmer weather and that would give him room to have a higher dose in the winter when his arthritis was worse, he would check his weight and the way he was walking and just basically check him out, it was very reassuring and the vet would tell us to bring Benny in whenever we wanted to, I had a great vet who really knew Benny and when Benny had his bone cancer he stopped the rymadyl and put him on metacam (I think that`s how it's spelt ) because it`s a bit more of a "gentle" arthritis drug, it`s a liquid and some dogs find it easier to take. I think if you keep an eye on the dogs movements and notice any stiffness or slowing down, you can really get a handle on arthritis and get it under control, it just takes a little time So I would say that Benny was reviewed about every 2 to 3 months
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter