Welcome, Guest

frontline for fleas
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: frontline for fleas

frontline for fleas 13 Oct 2011 14:28 #1250

• hitman44
  • Calm before the storm
haveing to get some more flea treatment for diesel as he was scratching a bit last night so gave him a check over whice isnt easy with an akitas coat as you probably know but found the best place to look under is belly after a minute spotted a dreeded flea ive used frontline in the past but been talking to my local pet shop owner were i get is food from whos a very nice bloke i asked im he said the best one he has in not sure on correct name think it was dankha german make never tried it but also told me that this year theres been a problem with the frontline basicly not doing what it says on the bottle so to speak and how he knows this i dont know but said the frontline you can buy at loyds chemist isnt the same as you get from the vets does anyone know about this german brand and what about the frontline

Re: frontline for fleas 13 Oct 2011 14:33 #1251

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Have not heard about the German one, i do know a few have gone from Frontline to Advocate as they had a problem with frontline. You might try the on line pharmacys
www.hyperdrug.co.uk it is a lot cheaper than the vets.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hitman44

Re: frontline for fleas 13 Oct 2011 14:58 #1257

• hitman44
  • Calm before the storm
ive had a look at a few websites but dont like to buy treatments on the internet thanks anyway the german brand its real name is beaphar

Re: frontline for fleas 13 Oct 2011 15:11 #1260

• nickandpip@uwclub.net
There are two types of Frontline. The one from your Vet is a Frontline Duo which your dog will have to have had the once over for from the Vet. This check is normally weight confirmation and a heart rate check. It is gauged to the dogs exact weight and targets a vairety of horrors. It is stronger and far more successful that the singular Frontline which you can buy at the Chemist which is weaker and a more generic strength, which is why they are allowed to sell it without a vet consultation. My Vet did not charge me to check my dog over quickly and then gave his permission.

Re: frontline for fleas 08 Jan 2012 05:04 #2573

• AkimAkita
  • Bear Puppy
I used the regular flea powder. I'm afraid of flea products because it might have side effects like thinning the hair.
-Natalie and Akim learning more about Akita care
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter