Welcome, Guest

For those thinking of feeding raw foods
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: For those thinking of feeding raw foods

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 02 Dec 2011 12:17 #2081

I don`t know if I actually believe that raw can cause them to get a taste for blood, it's just something I choose to go along with because of what my dad said. But I have to admit I really don`t like the idea of seeing my Asia happily getting stuck into a blood covered chunk of animal flesh I think that's got more to do with my own dislike of meat though:) I have to admit to finding it very hard to chop up her raw lamb and the bits of liver and stuff that it sometimes has in it I just keep telling myself "it's for Asia.....it's for Asia" then quickly chuck it into the frying pan

I'm a big beliver in "home cooked" dog grub though, even if Asia didn`t have all her allergies I'd still cook all her food actually her coat really improved on her allergy free home cooked food, but perhaps coat quality comes from having no additives ect. in her food, which is the same for a raw diet.

What do you feed your dogs Pam? I'm so lucky to have found a goos butcher here in Harleston, he sells me end of week lamb cut offs for next to nothing, it costs me about £2-00 a week to keep her in meat I'd never have gotten that in London where I used to live
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 02 Dec 2011 17:30 #2088

I used to feed Maya on Arden Grange with cooked chicken but it turned out too rich(she was having terrible diarrhea ) & the vet told me to put her on blander dried food...so now she's on Sainsbury's dried(which her previous owners used to feed her) plus her cooked chicken & juices...I also do that for Sunny since he's come to stay & lets just say his bum dosn't smell so bad ...Scoobie only has chicken as he won't eat dried food unless it's been in Maya's mouth yuck!...once or twice a week they have raw chicken wings which they love, even Scoobie munches his way through one!!....once a week they have tuna, just to give them a break from chicken...was thinking of getting some mince & cooking that up, maybe I'll try some lamb like you do for Asia.....whether it's a raw diet or cooked food or dried food I think it's whatever suits the dog & keeps it healthy & happy for a long time hopefullly!....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 02 Dec 2011 19:12 #2096

• venus
  • Trustee
bensonsmum wrote:
I choose to go along with because of what my dad said.

my grandad was probably the same generation and he though that the best way to train a dog was to smack it round the head with a newspaper and rub its nose in its own waste pauline doesn't mean he was right

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 02 Dec 2011 21:12 #2098

Blimey Rachael there's young lads these days that think that battering their dogs, will make them more loyal & obedient(yeah from fear!!)...makes me fume, just wish people like the RSPCA had more powers than what they have & these lads think they're in the right & no matter how you argue with them, they still don't listen....seen to many..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......wish something could be done about it ...poor doggies.....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 03 Dec 2011 09:37 #2106

• venus
  • Trustee
i think the point i was trying to make rather poorly i'll blame the 2 bottles of wine i had last night is that there are many misconceptions regarding raw feeding many of them are not true.
it doesn't make dogs more blood thristy, its not complicated, difficult or hard to do and if you source food from the right places it can be a very cheap way to feed your dog.
raw feeding isn't for everyone, infact not all dogs will do well on it, i guess i'd just like for people to understand that by feeding raw i'm not doing the wrong thing by my dogs, but what i feel is the best for them.

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 03 Dec 2011 23:24 #2116

You know what`s best for your dogs and that's all that matters in the same way that you choose raw I feel not choosing raw is okay for me I also find getting food scraps from my local butcher is very cheap and Asia gets the freshest and best meat I still don`t think I could watch her chomp on a bit of bloody animal flesh though but as I mentioned earlier, that's just me and my feelings about meat, I prefere to see a lamb in a field with it's mum but Asia needs meat so she gets it.........cooked

I hope you enjoyed your 2 bottles of wine last night cheers!
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter