Welcome, Guest

For those thinking of feeding raw foods
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: For those thinking of feeding raw foods

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 04 Dec 2011 00:47 #2118

That's the best thing about finding a local butcher in the country, they are really helpful with sorting out meat & bones for your doggies & cheaply too ....no wonder you see the difference Pauline ....did you have a hangover Rachael .....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 04 Dec 2011 23:17 #2122

I find the butchers in this little town soooo much more helpful Pam Where I lived in London all of the butchers had closed down or were halal and I'm affraid I have a "thing" about halal so I used to have to get Asia minced lamb from sainsbury`s, it was very pricy, but now she gets all the fatty cut off bits and she`s put the weight on she needed to and she looks really lovely I did try her out on a raw lamb rib bone the other day, I had to hold onto it while she chomped on it because she tends to gulp bones down and nearly choke on them, that's why I don't give them to her anyway, she ate the bone like a good girl but she had a very loose dump in the morning, so perhaps she won't be getting anymore lamb bones
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 05 Dec 2011 20:38 #2131

Have you tried her with raw chicken wings Pauline?...not sure if she can eat chicken tho'. .....I find that makes there poos more solid. but not too uncomfortable for them to come out!! ....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 05 Dec 2011 23:20 #2139

she can eat chichen, but she would just gulp a chicken wing down, or get very protective over it and that's not nice to see she looks like an angry hyena!! so I have to keep her away from bones and stuff like that

Her dumps are usually good, the carrots keep her firm that's why I think it might have been the lamb bones that gave her a jippy tummy `cos that`s the only thing that she had different
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2011 23:22 by bensonsmum.

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 07 Dec 2011 11:58 #2145

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
JD lived for his raw chicken drumstick every day when i left the house but sadly after his Gastric toursion ive been too scared to give them to him

Hes on a ery strange diet at the moment as i dont want to inflame his tummy ulcer he loves honey that dee sugested and loves his raw carrots also he pinches cucumber and melon when he gets the chance

Hes always looking for food as his steroids make him that way

he does love Aunty Paulines treats though

xx

Re: For those thinking of feeding raw foods 07 Dec 2011 22:05 #2149

I would be a bit wary giving JD chuckie drumsticks Dawn, specially that you've got his tummy sorted & everything seems to be ok(please don't jinx JD with those words).....his very strange diet is suiting him at the mo', so that's good...maybe Aunty Pauline will send him some of her treats ..will help fill up the hunger holes .....Pam Maya & Scoobie
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter