Wheat Free Treat Recipes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wheat Free Treat Recipes

Re: Wheat Free Treat Recipes 26 Jan 2012 14:05 #2985

• luciequk
  • Bear Puppy
*waves*

Sorry to hear of Thorn's allergies. Whilst our boy Zeke doesn't have allergies he has a dicky tummy since his chemo which is getting worse as time goes on. Now it seems like EVERYTHING sets him off Therefore he can't eat a lot of foods either and I also try to feed him as little grain as possible. I often use Buckwheat flour when baking treats as this is fine for dogs

One recipe I use which might be ok for Thorn is oat fish bites:

Fish (- i usually use a tin of tuna and all the skins and a load of big end bits off off my smoked mackeral that i've eaten for lunch )
2 eggs
enough oats to make a dough

Mix the fish and eggs, then rub in the oats till you get a sticky doughy texture, shape into tiny, flat patties then cook in the oven till done! Cool on a cooling rack. Heehee can you tell I'm a rubbish cook!

Bensonsmum, lamb makes Zeke's tummy bad too But raw chicken wings are fine and they eat quite a lot of these so are worth a try Suki if you haven't already

Some good websites there Denise!
Last Edit: 26 Jan 2012 14:06 by luciequk.

Re: Wheat Free Treat Recipes 26 Jan 2012 14:56 #2988

My fuss pot Asia doesn`t like raw chicken, turns her nose up

I'll try those fishy things, they sound like my sort of cooking
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Wheat Free Treat Recipes 26 Jan 2012 14:58 #2989

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
HI Pauline, the other thing you can do when your ankle hurts is try a cold or hot cmpress. For most people the cold one works, a pack of peas is good as you can keep throwing them back in the freezer, but do remember to mark that they are your compress pack. It's not as messy as using ice cubes.

If that does not work, try hot. I used the cold one and it brought the swelling down.

Even though it hurts, I bet it feels good to be out with Asia. I have had a period where I could not walk Thorn and he became Daddy's by. He is back to Mum's boy as I can do the morning walks again. Do take it carefully and don't over stress that ankle.

Thorn sends you a big lick as he enjoyed his cuddle.
Last Edit: 26 Jan 2012 15:01 by Suky.

Re: Wheat Free Treat Recipes 26 Jan 2012 15:12 #2990

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
My nickname for Thorn, apart from Big bum guess you know why! is Fishface as he is a fish addict. So that recipe will be great. He loves raw egg too, which he gets as an extra special treat if I have had to leave him for more than hour.

When I had a Great Dane puppy the vet advised that we gave her a mix of bonemeal raw egg and cod liver oil. She grew up to have the straightest of legs and lived until she was 12. That was a venerable age as the expected life span is 6 for this breed.

Thorn was slightly overweight so he has been on a diet and is now about right at just over 42 kgs as he is a B I G bear. He has cod liver oil off the spoon in the mornings and he has about 6 raw eggs a week. The very coarse coat we was wearing on his arrival is now silky smooth.

The extra fish will help that.

I will let everyone know of how we get on. This could be a Japanese Saga???

Re: Wheat Free Treat Recipes 26 Jan 2012 15:22 #2991

I did the bag of peas when I first crunched the ankle, it stopped the swelling from getting too bad, but it later it ended up looking like a bloated pigs trotter painted in a sort of blended yellow, purple and black colour the swelling has gone down a lot, but I'm still not able to walk Asia and just like you, I'm so worried she`s becoming a Daddy`s girl we can`t do any of opur usual things together

Asia gets called Big Bum too or "stick tail" when she`s fully moulted Asia also has a raw egg after every evening meal, she loves them, I need to get some chickens to keep the larder filled up with eggs!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Wheat Free Treat Recipes 26 Jan 2012 15:37 #2992

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Hi Pauline,

I remember those colours. I fell down one stair on Boxing Day and the toes on my right foot bent backwards, under my foot...... Very painful and I had a sprained wrist. Knee gave way and now have a broken bone in the knee. It must be the time for the walking wounded

I still use the peas on my wrist when it aches. It does help along with the pain killers. I got Zapain from the doctor.

Don't worry about Asia becoming a Daddy's girl as long as you still feed her. Dog's never swtich alliegance from the person who feeds them. Not only that, you are spending all day with her. I thought of keeping chickens, seriously. Then realised that Thorn's prey instinct is v. good. He eyes up the parrot frequently but is wary as he has had a bite from that big beak. Being exceptionally intelligent, like Asia, the chickens would not stand a chance betweem our resident fox and Big Bum. He's not made the stick tail stakes yet.

He moulted consistently from December 10 thro to this December. He killed my vacuum! Now a weekly groom is sufficient. Phew, it was hard work. I think stress and a bad diet was responsible.

Take care,

Sue
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter