Welcome, Guest

Back at the vets Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Back at the vets Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back at the vets Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 Jan 2012 11:04 #2950

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Hi all

just wanted to check in JD is looking good but hes developed a small sore on his tummy it bleeds when i try to clean it

I took him to the vets last night as it has grown this last few weeks

It isn't bothering him but it is me LOL

The vet wants to take it off before it gets too big i couldn't make the decision as the poor little mite has been through so much and he will have to have n general for it. i spoke at length to the vet and came home for others to make the call. I think he will get it done but I'm not going to take him as i will upset him too much. its a very safe opp but i just don't like the idea of them putting him under. The vets said it was best to do it before it gets too big as it is a small opp now but will be a lot more difficult later. I think he was trying to tell me he is fit now and later he will be a lot weaker. I will let you all know what i decide and if he has it i will keep you all informed

his tummy ulcer is under control at the moment and i don't want to stress him too much.

The vet said he didn't think it was anything sinister but i told him if it was i don't think i could put him through any harsh treatment I do worry about him and everything is a crisis to me

Hope all my special friends are well

love and hugs dawn xxxxxxxx
Last Edit: 25 Jan 2012 11:06 by malibu2027.

Re: Back at the vets Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 Jan 2012 13:56 #2955

• Joomla
  • Trustee
I'm sure the vet is right, that it needs doing sooner rather than later, and he is probably picking up you are stressed about it, so the sooner it is done the sooner you and JD can stop stressing
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Back at the vets Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 Jan 2012 16:31 #2959

• Joanne
  • Proud and Loud
We allways fear the worst dont we...JD will be ok once it is done and will bounce back as usual..tough cookie that dog.xxx

Re: Back at the vets Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 Jan 2012 17:58 #2964

He`s such a little fighter isn`t he Dawn, I'm, sure he'll be okay, it's better to get it sorted while the sore is small, at least he'll only need to be under the anesthetic for a short time, but if the sore gets bigger he'll need to be under longer and the recovery time will be longer as well won`t it.

Try not to worry Dawn matey
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Back at the vets Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 26 Jan 2012 11:29 #2979

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Thanks everyone i know you are all right i will sort it next week as you say sooner rather than later xxxx

Re: Back at the vets Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 30 Jan 2012 16:14 #3082

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Well bitten the bullet JD will be going in tomorrow for his opp so worried but i do realise it is the best thing for him.

I'm not taking him so i don't worry him My friend and David are taking him and he will be back home tea time so i can fuss him when he gets home. Will let him think i didnt know he was going hehehe

the morning will be hard as he can't eat from midnight the night before so i will be going to work early LOL then i wont have to watch his little face

will let you know how he gets on

love Dawn xxxxx
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter