Welcome, Guest

Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not!

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 03 Aug 2012 09:20 #6089

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Morning sunshine

I have been like this with JD for quite sometime he drags a lot on his walks and at first I thought it was his meds but now I think its the illness taking its toll. Its really hard when they used to be so active I think Zak has had so much to put up with he will take a while to get back to what you will be happy with he was soo poorley 2 weeks ago and it will take him some time to pick up.

hope he improves more every day love and hugs Dawn xxxxx

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 03 Aug 2012 14:06 #6090

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi Dawn & JD, I gave Zak this new medication last night not knowing what to expect because he was really bad yesterday and this morning I think he was probably worse on our very short attempted walk this morning he laid down twice and could hardly walk more than ten steps so this morning I went to work pretty upset,when I came home today I opened the front door blew his wistle as normal and he came charging down the passage to see me and get his chew! once inside he started mucking about with his toys,hopefully once these meds have got into his system he may hopefully be able to have a better walk as I am pretty certain he is not in any pain I hope I would know if he was,I popped into the vet on the way home to confirm the doseage as their instruction differed from the leaflet it seems they were wrong! if it works the only drawback is you cannot give these meds for longer than six months then you have to have a month off,I will cross that bridge when I come to it,the vet nurses I spoke to said that this medication is fantastic and in most cases really works well so I pray this is the case with Zak.as usual I will keep you updated all the very best to you and JD,bill&Zak.

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 05 Aug 2012 07:18 #6105

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
They do inspire me how much they fight for us. Iv'e had so many sleepless nights with JD only to get p in the morning to be greeted by his smiley face and waggy tail it makes me humble to own such a magnificent animal JD is coming out of a really bad flare up and he's such a fighter I cant think how I would of coped with what he's had to put up with I hope and pray each flare up he will give me the opportunity to try and make him better I didn't tell any one he was in the throws of yet another flare up as I'm sure you are all getting bored of it LOL I am trying to alter his meds and play around with higher steroids to see if I can hold of the next flare up with out too much detriment to his well being

Zak is such a little fighter he will get over this bad turn and you will be so proud of him like we are

love and hugs dawn xxxxxxx

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 05 Aug 2012 08:28 #6107

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi Dawn and JD, I am really afraid that my best mate is reaching the end of the road,the new medication does not appear to be working his back seems to be getting worse each day I rattled his chain this morning he struggled to his feet but just walked up the passage and laid down again I am going to try and get him out in the garden later for wee but he will just not do his buisness in the garden no smells I think.I dont think this problem is totally down to arthritis its seems just one of his back legs causing the problem,I am reluctant to drag him to the vet again because they will want to do x-rays and I dont want him put through that again because deep down I dont think they will be able to do anything for him the crying shame is he is as bright as a button,the new meds are given first as a top up and then two weeks later from what little I can find on the internet some people have said it works pretty quickly and others have said it can take up to two weeks to take effect hence the two week wait before the main dose is given anyway I am not prepared to give up on him no matter what because he has never given up on me I will keep you informed as to how we get on.Bill&Zak xx

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 05 Aug 2012 12:53 #6109

• Joomla
  • Trustee
I'm really sorry to hear that Zak is not responding to the meds, hopefully he will start to improve soon.

Poor JD, i hope he does'nht have another flare for a good while now, he seems to have had the last few close together.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 05 Aug 2012 13:41 #6112

Dawn is Mr. JD out of that flare up now, I do hope so and fingers crossed for the new med regime to work

Bill, I'm so sorry to hear that Zac is having problems getting to his feet When my old Benny became very weak on his legs we put a scarf under his tummy, close to his rear, and we would hold his rear up with the scarf and when he needed to crouch for a poo we'd slide the scarf up to his chest just to get it out of the way and help him balance a bit, we didn't stay out for long, just long enough for him to sniff his familar places and do his business, perhaps zac would benifit from a scarf to help him to his feet and to go out to do his buisiness? just until he gets his strength back
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter