Welcome, Guest

Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not!

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 14 Jul 2012 17:57 #5881

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi Denise,yes got various meds including a 10 day course of Enrox which is for bacterial infections of the respitory tract and urogenital tracts and 5 day course of metacam which I am sure helps him at night,the vet rang today out of the blue to see how he was,this was a surprise because when I took him back the next day after his xrays for a check up the vet was portugese and we had to repeat everything 2 or 3 times and he left us for 15 mins in a roasting hot consulting room,luckily my brother came with me and took over because I was starting to spit blood! anyway we told them we would not see that vet anymore only the lady who looked after him at first which is who rang today.And at last some good news he has eaten 2 small meals of liver and mince,not a big amount but its a start and he seems to be moving about from room to room better YIPEE! the little stinker will only be hand fed at the moment but i am just glad he has shown a little improvement.Thanks for your concern everyonr Bill&Zak.

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 14 Jul 2012 22:07 #5882

Glad he's had a good night and a little nibble to eat, I'm sure his appetite will come back as soon as his tummy and other poorly bits stop feeling sore. I hope he has another good night tonight
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 14 Jul 2012 22:16 #5885

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
OH how good it feels when they show a little sign of improvement have been sending love and good vibes all day thinking about the little mite night night sunshine hope he gets stronger every hour love and hugs dawn xxxxx

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 15 Jul 2012 07:00 #5886

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Bit of a set back this morning,he went to sleep last night after the metacam about 7.30 and did not move all night,when I got up this morning he never even opened his eyes ( I have been sleeping next to him on the floor ) I managed to entice him out the back for a wee but he can only manage a couple of hundred yards,his back legs look very weak and I thought I might not be able to get him back home as he kept sitting down and looking at me,he has had a good drink but will not take any food he just pushes the bowl away with his nose, I think he is just very weak but how can I build him up if he wont eat.Bill&Zak.

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 15 Jul 2012 20:15 #5889

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Hi,
Im sorry to read about Zak being poorly
Have your vets offered a supplement to build his energy levels up? I do hope he is feeling better soon, and that you manage to get some rest also, you must be shattered sleeping on the floor with him. I know if you didnt though you would probably not sleep anyway.
Big hugs to you and Zak
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 15 Jul 2012 22:38 #5892

Sorry to hear about the set back Bill Zac sounds quite exausted doesn't he. Iwas going to ask the same as Teresa, is ther a suppliment that the vet can give him, I know there's a human liquid suppliment for people who can't eat due to stomack and intestinal problems, it's a vitimim and mineral drink, maybe there's something the same for a dog?

I think the fod thing is proberly because he still feels poorley, one thing you could try, when he's feeling a bit better, is something we did with one of our dogs when after h'd been very unwell with his tummy aand he went off food, the vet thought his reluctance to eat could be due to him associating food with him being ill, the vet suggested we cook something very tasty and allow him to greed while it was being cooked, so I cooked a very strong smelly bacon and chicken dish and let Tod greed, once I'd got his attention and he was drawlng a bit I "accidently let bits of chicken fall to the floor, Tod picked them up and I carried on like this for a while, then when I'd finished cooking I gave him some of the food he'd been greeding over, he ate every bit and the problem was resloved I contiued cooking him some tasty tit bits and added somew to his proper dinner, I reduced the tasty tit bits over the period of a few days It's worth a try with Zac, but speak to the vet first about some kind of suppliment that might perk him up a bit.

I really feel for you Bill and I can only send my positive thoughts hugs to you and your special boy Zac XXX
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter