Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Vets Bills

Re: Vets Bills 19 Sep 2011 21:34 #492

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
A rather bad experience at the vets tonight. Our elderly cat has had a series of heart episodes over the last month with increasing frequency.

While I was there tonight he had another bad episode on the vets table and didnt recover. We were debating what was best for him, but he called it a day himself and faded away.

Very unexpected, I thought he would recover, Rather shocked to be planning a bit of 'gardening' tomorrow morning. He was a great character, very interactive, and the house feels very quiet. He had a great life, much better than the unthinkable vivisection planned for him as as a youngster, which he was bred for.

Gone to the bridge with Zumi Akita, also in this picture. Rock on Tiggy, loved ya.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Vets Bills 20 Sep 2011 00:17 #493

Awwwwwwwwww really sorry to hear about your cat Chris, must have been quite an ordeal at the vets...but as you said the choice was taken from you...he did it for you...he'll be met at the bridge by his friends...Pam Maya & Scoobie

a

Re: Vets Bills 20 Sep 2011 06:11 #494

• Bens Mum
  • Calm before the storm
I am so sorry to hear your news Chris. Your Tiggy looks like my cat Molly.

I love the photograph; Ben and Molly like to sleep nearby to each other. Actually, I think it is Ben who likes to sleep near Molly. He will search for her if she isn't easily visible.

Sending you a hug. x

Re: Vets Bills 20 Sep 2011 11:56 #496

So sorry to hear that Chris, how old was Tiggy? That must have been so hard for you in the vets but he`s with Zoomy now and free from all his heart problems.

Re: Vets Bills 20 Sep 2011 13:07 #498

• oldclaypaws
  • Proud and Loud
Tiggy was about 14 or 15. We dont know precisely as he was a rescue, having been raised for experimentation before the RSPCA managed to close Hillgrove Farm, and rehome the 800+ cats they had. We've also got his brother, both have their stocknumber tatooed in their ears, X42 and Z43. We think they were about 2 when we got them, and have had them for 12 years, so they are very much part of the family.

He had a great life. He's the one on the left below, smiling. He cost about £400 last month for emergency treatment in the middle of the night, although the vet was very good to meet me at the surgery at 1.30 AM for an hour while we battled to save him, although it only delayed the outcome by a month or so.

Re: Vets Bills 20 Sep 2011 13:38 #499

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Sorry to hear about Tiggy, it sounds like he had a great life with you and is now with Zumi at the bridge.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter