Welcome, Guest

Sickening Feeling
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Sickening Feeling

Sickening Feeling 28 Mar 2012 18:14 #4290

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi All, had the most terrible thing happen to Zak on monday and its affected me quite badly,I had just come back from a visit to the park and took Zak into the kitchen where he started to have a drink,now he is a bit of a gulper so when he started to retch i thought he was doing what he normally does but he took a couple of steps backwards and collapsed into his water dish i managed to break his fall but he was out cold for a couple of seconds i was panicking and started to rub his chest and thankfully he came round he laid still for a bit then got up and went out into the garden,i followed him out and sat with him and i must admit i feared the worst as he is 11 in june a couple of mins later he trots down the garden and brings his ball for me to throw! He is fine now and i can only think that he had swallowed too much water and it had blocked his airway causing him to pass out,if anyone else has had any thing like this happen i would be grateful if they could let me know,all the best Bill&Zak.

Re: Sickening Feeling 28 Mar 2012 18:41 #4292

• Joomla
  • Trustee
It is possible that he did take to much water all in one go, but it has been hot of late and if he has been out for awhile could have over heated ??
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Sickening Feeling 28 Mar 2012 19:13 #4293

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
OMG thankfully he is ok. They do tend to scare us at times. He is doing well for 11 if he still wants his ball thrown! I hope it was very temporary.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Sickening Feeling 28 Mar 2012 19:23 #4295

• curlytail
  • Teenage Rampager
gulping water and air down fast might have restricted his airway which could cause a blackout hope hes fine now

Re: Sickening Feeling 29 Mar 2012 08:07 #4317

OMG, Im so glad that he is ok now, and he migh of over-heated or just gulped too much but if it happens again maybe think about taking him to a vet?

So glad he is ok!!!!!!

Jessica&Charlie Boy

Re: Sickening Feeling 29 Mar 2012 08:18 #4320

• curlytail
  • Teenage Rampager
this might sound a bit silly but is his water bowl raised of the floor
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter