Welcome, Guest

JD is still a poorly boy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: JD is still a poorly boy

Re: JD is still a poorly boy 13 Jun 2012 20:58 #5604

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Awwww he certainly doesnt look awful, he looks cared for and loved, and its quite obvious how cared for and loved he is.
Im glad to hear hes going for his walks and isnt too fazed at all, typical Akita not a care in the world xxx
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !
The following user(s) said Thank You: malibu2027

Re: JD is still a poorly boy 14 Jun 2012 12:22 #5618

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Hi All

he's improved lots today ( fingers crossed) think the antibiotics are doing their job.

He's wiping his scabby face on anything and any one that stands still for a minute but as our mums said when its itchy its getting better LOL

He still looks like a scabby dog but an improving one

Thanks everyone for all the love and support will keep you informed

love and hugs dawn xxxxx

Re: JD is still a poorly boy 14 Jun 2012 15:57 #5623

So glad to hear he's improved today, that scabby face rub sounds positive, well for him but not for the person he's doing the rubbing on! My old Benny used to rub his head between my knees when he got guffy eyes he walked off looking very pleaded with himself
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: malibu2027

Re: JD is still a poorly boy 14 Jun 2012 19:27 #5626

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Great news. I am sure if JD doesn't care about the way he looks, why should anyone else. I love this trait in the bear dogs. Does JD stick his nose in the air as if he does not have a care in the world, or is he too bizzy trying to ease that itch?

Re: JD is still a poorly boy 14 Jun 2012 20:54 #5628

• shane
  • Bear Puppy
awwwwwwwwwwwwww bless if i didnt have my annie zeus ide say send him my way i love my annies and akitas both best breed of dogs ive ever had although i state these 2 are really gd for what they are but they still got along way to catch up with koran my afghan hound he was the total best for behavier although minnie was second she was my 1st akita she was clever and perfect but zeus and zena are both my present babies, i hate it when pple take dogs on and cant or dont know what they are playing with, it makes me a grown 47 yr old man cry sometimes i hate it, zeus was a sod when i took him on hes as about as best ude ever get an annie to be as well behaved he is, zena well shes just got better and better as ive gone on with her ide never ever ever get rid of them, i make sure 1st theyve got food rather than me it breaks my heart to see these akitas in rescue why do pple think they can take these hard breeds on if they cant, you have to learne so so much about them and ive been in anatolians since 1990 and akitas since 1997 and yeah i admit im still learning even today but i love them better than pple no offence to yous alls just honesty anyways laters all xx

Re: JD is still a poorly boy 15 Jun 2012 10:34 #5630

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Suky he's so funny on walks he has his head down because he's blind but as soon as he gets a sniff of another dog in the area he puts his head up and trots on as if he's saying I can see you know LOL

He is such a proud man I love the bones of him and he could teach me a thing or two about how to cope with life.

Yes Pauline I get the gunky eye wipe too but that's ongoing as his eyes are never clear of gunk xxxxx

His scabs are dropping off fast and furious he's a little pink under them but time sorts this out.

I'm keeping him on full steroids for at least 2 weeks after the antibiotics have finished as a precaution will just have to put up with the hungry doggy it causes ( he deserves lots of treats cause hes such a star )

will keep you all posted thanks again xxxxxx
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter