Welcome, Guest

Stiff Joints
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stiff Joints

Stiff Joints 18 Jun 2012 14:35 #5645

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi All, Could anyone give me some advice on Zaks stiff joints,I am looking for some kind of supplement or such like as his back legs have got a bit reluctent! I would prefer something in tablet form as it would be easier to hide it in his food any help would be appreciated.Bill&Zak.

Re: Stiff Joints 18 Jun 2012 14:52 #5647

• Joomla
  • Trustee
You need to get Glucosamine tablets Bill
www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/categories.asp?cid=25&left=1
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Stiff Joints 18 Jun 2012 15:08 #5648

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Thanks for the prompt reply Denise,What size would I need and what doseage would you reccomend,Once again thanks a lot Bill&Zak.

Re: Stiff Joints 18 Jun 2012 15:37 #5650

My Benny had Chondritin/glucosamine combination capsules every day for his arthritis, it really helped him I used the ordianry human ones from Holland and Barrats and I took them to my vet and asked him to give me the correct dose for Benny, which he gladley did, he'd origianlly given me the animal version capsules but they were £90-00 for a couple of months supply!!!! so don`t let your vet try and supply you with the vetinary ones my vet looked at the ingreadients and passed them to be as good as the vet ones But I felt reassured by getting the correct dose from my vet

I've also read that termeric is a very good anti-inflamitory, its quiet tastless so should sprinkle unnoticed on his dinner, I take it, when I can remember to and I spose I have about half a teaspoon a day, but again I'd check with the vet that's its okay for dogs

Re: Stiff Joints 18 Jun 2012 18:13 #5653

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Tumeric is good for arthritis, a pinch in his food a day.
I was told one tablet a day for Shiro of the Chondritin/glucosamine combination and he is about 40kg

Tumeric and nutmeg, a pinch a day in their food, is good to help stop infection.

Re: Stiff Joints 18 Jun 2012 20:50 #5656

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Hi,
Just decided to give something to Kiri and Obi as a precaution. Lots of people seem to recommend Vetvits, they are glucosamine and chondritin too. They are £15.95 for 240 . Obi at 6 months will need only one a day but Kiri will need three. Still , seems quite reasonable to me, oh, and they use them on horses too!
Just google Vetvits and a few sites have reviews.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter