Welcome, Guest

Loosing water from anus ???
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Loosing water from anus ???

Loosing water from anus ??? 06 Sep 2011 19:03 #57

• ookasmummy
  • Teenage Rampager
Has anyone experienced this before??

We first noticed this with Ooka about a month ago when she was in season. We took her to the vets and her anal glands were full. Vet thought it was probably just clear discharge due to the pressure from the season and her glands.

She has wet fur lines on her bum starting either side of the anus going down in 2 perfect arcs. We havn't seen the liquid leaking anywhere else though so it can't be much.

I have taken her back to the vets saying its still happening and he has assured me its nothing to worry about. He checked her glands again and they were ok. Problem is i am worried. Its not normal!!!

Also she has been paying a lot of attention to the area and also biting at her tail. Im getting a 2nd opinion by a different vet but would love to hear if anyone else has seen this before

Re: Loosing water from anus ??? 06 Sep 2011 19:07 #58

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Cant say that i have had this happen, the only time anything like this happened, is when they have been loose and i have starved them, they have poohed water as they have'nt eaten for over a day ??
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Loosing water from anus ??? 06 Sep 2011 19:31 #61

When they have anul leakage, it's usually because the anul glands are full, but you're vet said they were empty!..when you took her first to the vet did they squeeze the glands to get the excess fluid out?...as far as I know when the anul glands are full they have to be squeezed ....I had this happen to one of my previous dogs quite a few times & my vet always sorted it out...thank goodness, didn't fancy doing it myself!!...hope she's ok....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: Loosing water from anus ??? 06 Sep 2011 19:51 #63

• ookasmummy
  • Teenage Rampager
The frst time her anal glands were very full So it may have started with this. The liquid that comes from the glands though is black. The stuff she is loosing is clear, well it looks colourless on her fur, its only the dampness (if thats even a word ) that lets you see the line. Its like a drip line where it has been trickling.

The first thing he did (2 weeks later) was check her glands again but he only got the tiniest amount out so its not them refilling

Its really puzzling me and why is she biting at it?? I really think its an infection of some sorts. Im going to ask the new vet for some antibiotics. It can't hurt??

Oh Denise her stools are of perfect consistency so nothing like that

Re: Loosing water from anus ??? 06 Sep 2011 20:00 #65

Puzzling???!!! ..think getting a second opinion is your best bet, at least if they say there's nothing to worry about it will put your mind at rest, does sound like an infection tho'....I think I would be like you ...worrying!....hope you get it sorted out for Ooka, it must be irritating her badly, poor girl...apart from cleaning her bum area I can't think of anything else to do.....let us know how she gets on.....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: Loosing water from anus ??? 06 Sep 2011 20:33 #67

• Joomla
  • Trustee
If she is nibbling at it, it must be irritating her You could try just pouring some warm salt water around the area, this should help keep it clean, just in case it is an infection, bless her
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter