Welcome, Guest

My boy Kip and UVD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: My boy Kip and UVD

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 20 Jul 2012 01:30 #5947

• AkitaInu
  • Proud and Loud
Good to hear from you! Glad Maru is doing well, Lorraine was asking after him the other day. Sorry to hear Kip isn't doing so well. Do you have any photos of Maru?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sumo2020

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 20 Jul 2012 08:42 #5948

• sumo2020
  • Bear Puppy
Maru is a snooty so and so. He can cut you down with just a look and after Kip was out all day yesterday, he was very annoyed with us. He wouldn't look at us until 'walkies' was mentioned and he had a good chasing around the garden by my hubby. After that all was forgiven.
He loves doing jobs - going to the postbox, guarding the front of the house, guarding my grandson's pram (though he never looks in it !).
Kip seems good this morning but very tired. He has always been the one fetching toys and jumping through hoops so this illness seems to be wearing him out.

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 20 Jul 2012 13:19 #5958

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Fingers crossed for Kip, hopefully he has been caught in time and with the meds he improves.

Yes they do have a certain look that cuts like a knife, i fot that when Shiro was neutered, it took him a week for the dirty looks to stop !!!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 21 Jul 2012 08:29 #5959

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Morning flower

So Sorry to hear about Kip it brings back so many bad memories the night worries and the pain they are in. As you say the steroids get to work very quickly you will probably remember JD from the old forum. He's still battling auto immune its in his eyes and on his skin. We keep the meds up and lots of different ones on hand to give him at any time he has flare ups.

I'm so pleased you have got to this sooner rather than later.

If it gets worse or you feel you need to talk to some one please feel free to message me I drop in from time to time

Good luck and lots of hugs For Kip

Dawn and JD xxxx

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 21 Jul 2012 08:56 #5961

• sumo2020
  • Bear Puppy
How very kind of you and JD. Its an incredibly nasty and painful illness. Kip was in a lot of pain with his eyes and I felt pretty helpless. Did you find anything in particular soothes JD ? Already the big dose of steroids has left Kip without energy and he only wants short walks.
Kip and I send JD lots of hugs and licks. Keep fighting JD and thanks for offering to help us. xxxx

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 21 Jul 2012 09:42 #5962

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
He had steroid eye drops ( he still has them now) JD didn't go for long walks either he will get used to the way the steroids make him feel. It took a while for JD. Make sure there is lots of water for him as JD drinks so much I think its the steroids. also he is so hungry .

He's going through YET ANOTHER flare up his eyes are really bad he looks like he's in so much pain too. I put him on full steroids two days ago ( he has 50mg a day)

I have a pic to show you hope it doesn't frighten you this is him yesterday it breaks my heart every time he flares up but hes so brave I cant give up on him
[attachment:1]IMAG0270.jpg[/attachment]

but as you know after around 2 weeks I usually get him back to this

[attachment:2]DSCN0122.JPG[/attachment]

good luck I know our furbabys are so strong and brave love and hugs Dawn
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter