Welcome, Guest

My boy Kip and UVD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: My boy Kip and UVD

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 21 Jul 2012 10:14 #5965

Well Im glad Maru settled down, and Im glad that youve caught it early, poor Kip, but hey!! Her will get better, there fighters our Akitas, well all dogs really!!

Pictures would be nice and by the way, welcome to the forum

Jessica and Charlie Boy

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 21 Jul 2012 17:37 #5969

• sumo2020
  • Bear Puppy
I'll get pictures sorted tomorrow. Kip says 'Thankyou everyone.'

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 29 Sep 2012 23:18 #6787

• sumo2020
  • Bear Puppy
Unfortunately Kip's check up yesterday did not bear good news. Fluid is accumulating underneath both of his retinas and the steroid dose has to go up but this time with a medication to reduce the side effects. This drug too has undesirable effects such as reducing blood count, so Kip has to have weekly checkups for a while. As usual he behaved impeccably while he had injections into his eyes. We'll fight on and as long he is pain free we'll manage it.

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 29 Sep 2012 23:21 #6788

• sumo2020
  • Bear Puppy
Forgot to say that Maru came with us and being Lord Snooty he bagged most of the back seat lying full out on the journey up to Penrith and forcing Kip to sit up against the window. Coming home he seemed to understand that Kip didn't feel so great and reversed the placing. Clever dogs !

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 30 Sep 2012 14:48 #6793

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
So sorry Kip is having so much trouble again, it must be a real worry for you. He must be so trusting to just let the vet do the injections, brave boy. Bless Maru , he loves his brother really!

Re: My boy Kip and UVD 30 Sep 2012 23:09 #6798

I'm sorry to hear that poor Kips eyes are still poorly but what a brave boy for letting the vet inject him, I nearly fainted just at the thought of it! I hope the medication continues to ease his pain.

I love the little travel story,they're such brave souls arn't they, through all their pains and stresses they still manage to make us smile

Please keep us updated on his recovery
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter