Welcome, Guest

Sensitive tummy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sensitive tummy

Sensitive tummy 02 Sep 2012 11:48 #6483

• Deesimbas
  • Bear Puppy
Hi guys, Was wanting some advice Simba is now 12wks old and now very settled and learning quick. I have noticed recentley he has had diarrioa like water. I've always fed him on Harringtons complete dry food of which the breeder fed him on. I've heard Akita have sensitive tummy's and so far i've failed to stop the diorrea. Whats the best why to stop this as i've tried other food and starving him for 24hrs.

Re: Sensitive tummy 02 Sep 2012 12:00 #6484

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Because he is so young, i think a trip to the vet would be best, he could have picked up an infection and needs some anti-biotics etc. Make sure he is not dehydrated and get some water down him.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Sensitive tummy 02 Sep 2012 12:32 #6487

• Deesimbas
  • Bear Puppy
Its always been a bit loose but its just getting like water. After i starved him for 24hrs it seem to be a bit better not as watery and as soon as he eats again only after enough to cover bottom of the bowl he is back to water poo again . Was planning on taking him this week.

Re: Sensitive tummy 02 Sep 2012 17:07 #6492

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Sorry to hear Simbas not well. I agree with Denise, vets trip needed. Whenever we've had pups with loose stools it's cleared up with the methods you've used already , so looks like it needs some further investigation. Also , I know it will be difficult , but if you could take a sample to the vets it might help with diagnosis. Good luck, hope he soon gets sorted. Let us know how he gets on.

Re: Sensitive tummy 04 Sep 2012 23:37 #6524

I hope Simba's feeling better, I always found that no food for a day then only boiled rice for a day, then chicken and rice then proper dinner helped to reduce diarreah Also carrots are great for tummy problems, but maybe as Simba is very young a part cooked carrot would be something he could nibble on, perhaps stick some in a roasting tin, pop in the oven and part roast them, my Asia loves then cooked like that part cooked is said to be the best way to eat carrots (to help tummy problems) anyway
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Sensitive tummy 06 Sep 2012 09:55 #6527

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Goo luck at the vets

JD has always had a sensitive tummy till we had to put him on a diet and hes been great on this food so I've kept him on it

We do worry about them

will be putting some carrots in the oven for JD never thought about this Pauline its great to find low fat treats for them

good luck with the little one love Dawn xxxx
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter