Slobber dog
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Slobber dog

Slobber dog 04 Sep 2012 19:47 #6518

• marti
  • Teenage Rampager
Hi all

My baby is just short of 7 months old and she seems to be drooling alot. She has always been a bucket gob when it comes to drinking but she always seems to have water dripping from her mouth.

It isn't the sticky gooey stuff but more like water I was wondering if it was to do with the heat or teething and I was hoping that someone could offer some advice
“Whenever a man is lonely, God sends him a dog.” - A de Lamartine

Re: Slobber dog 04 Sep 2012 19:59 #6519

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Hi Marti
Don't think it's anything to worry about, my 8 month old is exactly the same! Just stand well clear when she shakes her head. With ours his jowls and lower lips are very saggy compared to our other Akita. We're hoping he'll grow into them!

Re: Slobber dog 04 Sep 2012 23:16 #6521

Give it a bit of time, it could just be her teeth or you could be unlucky and she could end up like my old Benny, he'd sometimes have very gobby choppers
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Slobber dog 06 Sep 2012 06:28 #6526

• Hattiesmum
  • Proud and Loud
I think it is just the way some akitas drink. I have had ones that defiantely need a tea towel on hand after drinking. My old boy Hugo used to drink then walk away shake his head and leave puddles and others that drink nicely.

Re: Slobber dog 06 Sep 2012 13:12 #6530

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Shiro has got loose lips and is a slobber monster, i think it is when they have loose lips they tend to drool, if they have the correct tight lip it is only when there is food about etc.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Slobber dog 12 Sep 2012 20:53 #6598

• marti
  • Teenage Rampager
So it looks like she might have loose lips. So do you recommend Liposuction or the cheaper option of a couple of pegs on her top lip to tighten it up
“Whenever a man is lonely, God sends him a dog.” - A de Lamartine
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter