Welcome, Guest

'Tis the season
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 'Tis the season

'Tis the season 26 Sep 2011 12:52 #676

• kesandsuki
  • Bear Puppy
For fireworks,yes folks it's looming large.

A few things that could help with those dogs of all breeds who suffer anxiety,nerves and fear at this time of year.

Nux,vom 30x potency.

Start this now works better after 3-4 weeks.
This is for nervousness and fear.
The dosage is 2 tablets, 3 times daily.
These tablets are very palatable and may be given whole or crushed between two clean sheets of paper and the powder sprinkled on the dogs tongue.

Borax 3x.

Start this remedy two weeks before any firework event.
Dosage is 1 tablet,3 times daily.
Give as for nux.vom.

Clary Sage,

This is an aromatherapy oil.
Add a few drops to an aromatherapy oil burner and use when the fireworks are active.
Really calms down animals and humans.

Belladonna 30x.

Give this for 10 days before bonfire night calms the realy,really nervous dog who freaks at the loud bangs and flashes of light.
Dosage is the same as for the nux vom. 2 tablets 3 times daily,for 10 days before the event.

For the above homoeopathic remedies you will get them from a homoeopathic pharmacy these potencies are not sold in Boots.
I have a telephone number for Galen homoeopathics if you need it,who deliver by post and require payment by return post with cheque and their invoice very good people.

Telephone number is:- 01305263996
They are based in Dorset.

Dee.

Re: 'Tis the season 26 Sep 2011 13:40 #681

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
Thanks Dee. Very useful info
I hope your dogs are doing well. Always keen to see pics even if they are not Akitas. We tend to love dogs in general on here.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: 'Tis the season 26 Sep 2011 16:45 #685

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Thanks Dee always handy to know these remedies.

Re: 'Tis the season 26 Sep 2011 18:43 #687

Thankyou Dee useful info but my dogs howl along to the fireworks hahaha they do it for about 5-10 minutes.

Thankyou anyway

Jessica and the gang.

Re: 'Tis the season 26 Sep 2011 19:40 #694

Hi Dee ...thank you sooooo much for the remidies....I dread fireworks night, as Maya is absolutely terrified of them....she nearly gave herself a heart attack last year & me with her!!....she was so distressed with all the bangs & loud noises & I got so angry when it went on & on & on...at least with your post hopefully I'll get her calm when it happens......Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: 'Tis the season 06 Oct 2011 14:44 #922

I have another idea to add to Dee`s helpful information :- You can buy a very expensive t-shirt that is said to calm the dog, but I've done the same thing with one of my husbands t-shirts on Asia and it worked a treat, apparently the feeling of the t-shirt close to the body gives the dog a feeling of security, I used a close fitting one that had the smell of Brian on it, I definatly noticed a difference in her behavior, my sister did it with her border collie as well and she also sa a difference
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter