(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Princess Tia's eyes

Princess Tia's eyes 07 Oct 2012 21:32 #6926

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Hello,

Tia has some small lumps on her eyelids
We took her to the vets and he said it was possibly a stye or a sting and that it was best left alone but gave her some drops.
These little lumps are now on both eyes and appear to come up and go down over a day or two. She rarely rubs at her eyes so I dont think they are bothering her too much. The fur around her eyelids is very thin, the skin isnt inflamed or weepy etc.
The puppy licks her eyes and her mouth as they do, and im fairly sure hes the reason its now in both eyes.
The vet said it wasnt an infection and they arent tumours or anything like that. Im trying not to take her back unless I really feel I have to, she has developed a terrible fear of the vets room
Ive checked the worst enemy ever "google" and thankfully autoimmune hasnt cropped up, but it hasnt enlightened me at all. Neurotic mum again!!!!
Has anyone else come across this? I will try and get pictures if the little madam sits still.
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !

Re: Princess Tia's eyes 07 Oct 2012 22:43 #6928

I've never heard of it perhaps she's just getting lumpy eyelids It could be warts? they could be spread by the puppy licking one of her eyes then the other eye, I think warts can be spread by contact, I think as long as the vet has said it's nothing bad and they're not bothering her I'd just keep a watch on it, maybe bath them a few times a day to try and keep any infection away

I'll be looking out for the pictures
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teresa

Re: Princess Tia's eyes 08 Oct 2012 10:20 #6936

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Here are some pics
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !

Re: Princess Tia's eyes 08 Oct 2012 12:37 #6938

Are they lupms or just a bald patch? it doesn't look inflamed ot anything does it I'm no expert but I'd say it doesn't look like something to take her back to the vets for, unless it starts to change in appearance or she starts to "worry" it

Re: Princess Tia's eyes 08 Oct 2012 14:18 #6939

• Joomla
  • Trustee
They are small lumps and do not look to be bothering her. I think i would try and keep the pup from licking her for the time being and just wiping them a couple of times during the day to stop any possible infection.

Re: Princess Tia's eyes 08 Oct 2012 16:40 #6940

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Hi Teresa
One of the pups we had earlier in the year had a similar looking thing on both of her eyes, turned out that she was allergic to a certain brand discenfectant I had used on the floor! She had been perfectly fine until then and as soon as I realised and changed back to the original her eyes cleared up. Any chance this could have happened with Tia? These Akitas are so sensitive, even if I put a different perfume on myself Obi starts sneezing! Hope it soon clears up, whatever it is.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter