Welcome, Guest

weight question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: weight question

Re: weight question 06 Nov 2012 17:04 #7262

• Joanne
  • Proud and Loud
Diva is 52kg but is on Steroids for her autoimmune...you can feel her ribs though [just] and she has slowed right down now...Blade is 42kg and is ok to me,has a waist and you can feel his ribs..he is on Thyroid meds...his only symptom was a grotty coat and bald spots...getting his coat back now...he has never been overweight quite the opposite,been hard to keep weight on him.

Re: weight question 06 Nov 2012 23:33 #7263

I think Asia's thyroid is okay because she has a great coat, very smooth, thick and soft How is Miss Diva and the Blade Joanne? and when is the new puppy due home?
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: weight question 07 Nov 2012 16:06 #7270

• Joanne
  • Proud and Loud
Blade is just Blade...big dopey so and so....Diva is not doing so well on the steroids...trying to find a better alternative...Neo comes home on saturday

Re: weight question 07 Nov 2012 16:53 #7274

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
When we got Kiri from rescue she only weighed 24 kilos and was obviously underweight, Now 18 months later she's now 32 kilos, in my opinion she is a couple of kilos too heavy for her frame, she seems to be at her best at 30 kilos and the vet agrees. We know, because she's on a very strict feeding regime , that its purely lack of exercise. This is partly due to more sedate walks with Yoko the baby foster girl! She will soon get back to her ideal.

Re: weight question 12 Nov 2012 14:45 #7336

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Hi All

as you know the steroids make life hard for JD he's about 52kg at the moment will try to get it down a little when I reduce his meds but I really struggle

I've reduced his dry food a little and he gets little and often but I'm afraid he's very clever at begging to the rest of the family

I do stress about him putting on weight and his tummy gets very round with the meds but i do watch him like a hawk

xxxxxx

Re: weight question 12 Nov 2012 15:16 #7340

It's very hard to get others to stick to the diet rules isn't it Dawn I'm sticking to Asia's weight loss rutine but I catch Brian slipping her the odd corner of some bread, she's not even sposed to go near wheat! let alone it being covered in spread! but he thinks "a little bit won't hurt" Then he pops in the pub for a half with Asia and the landlady gives her a doggy treat! all those little bits mount up. But I've stopped Asia's lamb and she's on fresh chicken mixed with her usual doggy veggy stew, she has slices of fresh corgette as treats, she loves corgettes and when we go on our walk I keep her going at a fast pace only stopping for sniffs, pooh and wees when I decide to stop, we have one sit down in only one place, she's great at her new walk regime, she was getting very slow but once she gets going her lame leg stops looking lame and she really drives on so I'm hoping she'll lose a few kilos soon it all goes towards helping with the arthritis

I measured her waist a few days ago, she's 31 inches but she is in full coat I'll have to measure her once a fortnight

So JD you have a diet partner now, you'd better be a good boy and stick to your diet
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter