Welcome, Guest

These are great! antler dog chews!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: These are great! antler dog chews!

These are great! antler dog chews! 04 Dec 2012 23:20 #7521

I've finally found something allergy prone Asia can chew on deer antler! it's amazing at first she didn't take a lot of interst so I boiled the peice of antler in chicken stock and it softened the marrow stuff inside the antler and she had a good old half hour chew! there's no splinters, now bits like you get from the nylon bone and nothing has had to die! the antlers are naturally shed from wild deer! I just hope she carry's on enjoying her antler, her teeth really need a good old scraping

This is a link, I haven't been to the website yet, I've just read the leaflet and talked to the pet shop lady www.antlerdogchews.co.uk
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xmuadx

Re: These are great! antler dog chews! 05 Dec 2012 10:48 #7526

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Strangely enough I've just come across these, and thought they sounded good. I'm stunned at the price though! Our local rescue where we got Kiri has them, and they are less than half the price! I will have to investigate and let you know, if they are the same thing.

Re: These are great! antler dog chews! 06 Dec 2012 10:27 #7540

• AkitaInu
  • Proud and Loud
MIne aren't interested in them, but if they are then I think they're good.

Re: These are great! antler dog chews! 06 Dec 2012 17:11 #7546

• stellalgray
  • Administrator
When my husband was reading this topic last night he did make a comment that made me think twice - he says reindeer antlers are actually hair and wouldn't this cause fur balls if the dogs ate them?

I have no idea if this would be true or cause a problem but it might be worth considering!!!

Re: These are great! antler dog chews! 06 Dec 2012 17:44 #7547

Deer antler is bone, but I think rhino horn is a hair like substance

This is a little quote from wikpeadia "Growth occurs at the tip, and is initially cartilage, which is mineralized to become bone." so I think the antlers are okay, I think the bone is extra hard as well and that's why they're safer than other bones, because they don't splinter
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: These are great! antler dog chews! 16 Jan 2013 20:05 #7929

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Hi, just wanted to say thank you for letting us know about these. Bought Kiri and Obi one for Christmas. Kiri absolutely loves hers, which is a miracle, she rarely gets attached to anything! Obi doesn't bother with his, he's too lazy to use his jaws! So lucky Kiri has two to gnaw at.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter